Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spying parents stopping me from seeing my boyfriend! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Well, me and my girlfriend won't be able to meet up for another couple of years because of parents. The trick is to just ignore your parents.
    i feel like if im angry towards them and ignore them it will make the situation worse
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Georgia2261)
    i feel like if im angry towards them and ignore them it will make the situation worse
    Well it's either ignore them or dump him....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Well it's either ignore them or dump him....
    ending the relationship isnt an option, i just think theyll make my life hell if i rebel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsjenner)
    It could be the last sentence. As OP keeps explaining herself she lets out bits of her private life. It very very well could be that they just want her with a certain type of person, for whatever reason. Maybe they don't trust OP because she lost their respect, though. Maybe they're overreacting. But still. The idea is that they are concerned. Parents aren't automated robots that do everything perfectly. They might be flawed but with good intentions. I support the intention.
    well that could be a problem.
    personally it depends for what reason they're interfering on which i'll base my decision upon whether it's right for them to interfere or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    well that could be a problem.
    personally it depends for what reason they're interfering on which i'll base my decision upon whether it's right for them to interfere or not.
    Ok, same. You choose to believe they're intruding, I choose to believe different. That's fine.

ReputationRep:
    ending the relationship isnt an option, i just think theyll make my life hell if i rebel
    Do you, OP. But just don't forget to thank your parents IF...their intuition was right about him. That's all I've got to say for now.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I think you already know what you'll do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Your parents are c to the creepy. What do you think they do with with the films of you two having sex that the cameras record? :nothing:
    Trying to rekindle their marriage of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)
    After GCSE's you have A level, after A level you have degree and after degree you have employment and professional exams.

There is never a perfect time for a relationship, but so long as both of you are committed, it will work.
    agreed but i mean c'mon without gcse's u cant do much

(Original post by mrsjenner)
    Right. Get over it. You're under your parent's rule, like it or not. They have a job to do and that's to protect you how they feel they should.
    Now if they stood by and let him abuse you then ok, make a thread and cry by all means.
    No, no and no. This isn't something she should have to 'get over', her parents behaviour is bizarre and creepy, and probably also not legal. Just because a person is under the age of 18 and thus reliant on their parents, does not mean they should have to roll over and take whatever their parents say they have to take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    agreed but i mean c'mon without gcse's u cant do much
    You could say the same about A levels or degree, eventually you just have to get good at balancing everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)
    You could say the same about A levels or degree, eventually you just have to get good at balancing everything.
    fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, no and no. This isn't something she should have to 'get over', her parents behaviour is bizarre and creepy, and probably also not legal. Just because a person is under the age of 18 and thus reliant on their parents, does not mean they should have to roll over and take whatever their parents say they have to take.
    lmao then tell OP to leave her parent's house and live with her lovely boyfriend.
    Not gonna happen is it? Right so in that case she needs to get over it and stop being melodramatic. I notice parents are normally extreme with their discipline when extremity is needed...

ReputationRep:
    We found out two days ago that my parents have been reading all of mine and my boyfriends messages and even setting up cameras in the house to see what were up too! They keep saying that my boyfriend is emotionally abusive and obsessive because he asks where I am and what I am doing but I know he only does this because he cares. They have said that they want me to end the relationship and that I'm not allowed to see him! Me and my boyfriend are both happy in the relationship and disagree with what they are saying! I don't want to end the relationship as we both love each other and want to fight for this.
    has anyone been through anything similar and could offer some advice?
    Ok i thought my parents were bad!!!

Some suggestions to try and reslove this...Could you send them the link to this thread?? Or ask another family member to speak to them about how you are feeling??

LMAO*at some of @mrsjenner*comments! U really put your foot in it stereotyping the muslim idea. Fyi, im white, british, christian with overprotective parent issues too. So this isnt a one off case.... Oh and 17 as well, so it isnt just under 16s that have that problem... Any other stereotypes???

And i am totally on your side Georgia2261 this kinda thing isnt fair

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for understanding, I think me and my boyfriend are going to go for some counselling without them knowing. Hopefully they can give us some advice on what to do. I just know how stubborn they are and they mean what they say. I feel like there's no way out but ending the relationship definitely isn't an option

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.