Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I got an offer from UWS for Biomedical Science and an offer for Applied Biological Science from Stirling, and I'm really confused about which one to choose.

Both universities look good, but Stirling has better reputation and ranking. However, for the course I applied to, the first two years are at Forth Valley College (Falkirk Campus). I love Stirling's campus but I'd only be there on the last two years of the course.

I went to UWS applicant day and everyone was very nice and kind, also the facilities are incredible. However, the uni is ranked quite low, although this course is accredited by IBMS, and I was offered entry into year 2.

The courses are a little different but both look great. I like Biomedical Science a little more, because I'm not that interested in plant and animal biology but I think I would like to go into research once I graduate, so I wonder if Stirling would be better for that.

Any help and opinions will be appreciated!! I go back and forth all the time and I feel I'm not getting any closer to making a decision

Thanks in advance! ^^

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    hi there! i was on the Applied biological science course at Stirling. i have just finished first year. I am actually transferring to aberdeen uni to do pharmacology. I would say that you should go to Stirling because although the first two years are crap, when you actually make it into 3rd year and then graduate, your degree will be a lot more reputable because of the reputation of Stirling compared to UWS. also in 3rd year at Stirling you get an industrial placement. so chose stirling i think, cause it will benefit you more in the long run. you can message me if you want any more help!

emily

ReputationRep:
    Hello,In need of more Students/participants for my survey on Personal Development Planning : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/22TF5MZany help will be greatly appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.