The Student Room Group

Bradford Clinical Sciences/Medicine

Can I apply to this course as my fifth option (after four medical school options) and then transfer to a med school after my first year? How would the course work? And how difficult is it to transfer? I would really appreciate a break down of the whole process. Thank you :smile:
Hiyya, I applied to this course for 2016 entry, I used it as my 5th option. I also got an offer :biggrin:
The transfer appears to rather challenging, with the top 20 (I think) students being allowed to transfer, but University of Leeds doesn't have to take them on, so after sitting the BMAT and going through another interview cycle you can still be rejected.
On the brighter side, I think students have got into Leeds every year without fail :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emzchalker98
Hiyya, I applied to this course for 2016 entry, I used it as my 5th option. I also got an offer :biggrin:
The transfer appears to rather challenging, with the top 20 (I think) students being allowed to transfer, but University of Leeds doesn't have to take them on, so after sitting the BMAT and going through another interview cycle you can still be rejected.
On the brighter side, I think students have got into Leeds every year without fail :smile:

Oh that's great, thank you! Another question, approximately how many people apply to be transferred to Leeds?
Original post by kitkat_799
Oh that's great, thank you! Another question, approximately how many people apply to be transferred to Leeds?

University of Bradford usually put forward the top 20 students I believe, and then the rest is up to Leeds.
But usually all students want to put forward for it so competition is pretty tough!
Reply 4
Oh thank you so much! :smile:

Original post by emzchalker98
University of Bradford usually put forward the top 20 students I believe, and then the rest is up to Leeds.
But usually all students want to put forward for it so competition is pretty tough!
The university of Bradford don't put the top 20 students through, the entire year can apply if they meet the criteria ie grades. Its then up to leeds who gets interviews, but there is only 20 spaces, so they usually interview 40. The university of Bradford has no role in the decision process therefore they don't put particular students 'forward'. They just allow the application to be sent to leeds if you have the grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending