Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You're brave aren't you! I don't think people in the Middle East would take too kindly to you doing such a thing,especially mocking of their culture or exploitation. Just be careful
    You make them sound such nice people. I've just issued an invitation for them to appropriate my culture.

What is the reasonable punishment for CA? Stoning? Bullying?

ReputationRep:
    lol I didn't realise you had the right to appropriate other people's cultures
    Freedom of expression. There is no right saying that someone's culture may not be used nor is there a right to be offended.

My comment actually referred to resorting to violence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Oh dear! I thought the 44 pages had exposed its folly, even to you.
    :naughty::naughty:

ReputationRep:
    You make them sound such nice people. I've just issued an invitation for them to appropriate my culture.

What is the reasonable punishment for CA? Stoning? Bullying?
    SJWs surely are nice people if they are looking out for everyone? :mmm:

What,in the Middle East?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Freedom of expression. There is no right saying that someone's culture may not be used nor is there a right to be offended.

My comment actually referred to resorting to violence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Violence will not solve anything,instead these people will feel they are fighting for something worth holding onto and come back stronger

ReputationRep:
    Violence will not solve anything,instead these people will feel they are fighting for something worth holding onto and come back stronger
    You missed the point entirely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You missed the point entirely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can't change people's opinions by resorting to violence,what I would suggest is holding meetings on campus with the two sides

ReputationRep:
    You can't change people's opinions by resorting to violence,what I would suggest is holding meetings on campus with the two sides
    You don't think the SJWs should be no-platformed, then?

ReputationRep:
    You don't think the SJWs should be no-platformed, then?
    Nope. They'll just see it as a dictatorship/oppression most likely. Better to get to the root of the problem before any of it gets worse,give them a platform to raise their grievances and work out a solution

ReputationRep:
    Nope. They'll just see it as a dictatorship/oppression most likely. Better to get to the root of the problem before any of it gets worse,give them a platform to raise their grievances and work out a solution
    The solution to CA is to remove it. There is no compromise possible. The only possible reason to no-platform someone is because they will incite violence, harm or hatred, not just controversy.

ReputationRep:
    The solution to CA is to remove it. There is no compromise possible. The only possible reason to no-platform someone is because they will incite violence, harm or hatred, not just controversy.
    Remove it from where exactly? Remember it's not something people actually agree on completely(whether it exists or not)

ReputationRep:
    Remove it from where exactly? Remember it's not something people actually agree on completely(whether it exists or not)
    From the lexicon. It is not a valid concept and, if it were, enforcing a ban would harm everyone, especially the minorities.

ReputationRep:
    From the lexicon. It is not a valid concept and, if it were, enforcing a ban would harm everyone, especially the minorities.
    Maybe to you it isn't a valid concept but clearly not to 'SJWs'

ReputationRep:
    Maybe to you it isn't a valid concept but clearly not to 'SJWs'
    But, and here is the rub, nobody in the real world cares what SJWs think. Obviously, we aren't going to let them dictate or influence what we do.

ReputationRep:
    But, and here is the rub, nobody in the real world cares what SJWs think. Obviously, we aren't going to let them dictate or influence what we do.
    they are now in control of our universitiesc,wouldn't speak too soon if I were you :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    These people have come to Britain to appropriate a British education, which includes participating in British cultural events. Instead they are trying to turn Britain into something that it is not - a closed, xenophobic culture like Japan.

ReputationRep:
    Omg yet another cultural appropriation story,why always Cambridge?! Oh my :mmm: just knew it
    Thought you were taking a break from TSR? Think you should find better things to do than to irradiate yourself in order to wind rational people up/get into unnecessarily heated/stressful arguments with more of this comical ridiculousness darling, fun/funny as it may be..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Thought you were taking a break from TSR? Think you should find better things to do than to irradiate yourself in order to wind rational people up/get into unnecessarily heated/stressful arguments with more of this comical ridiculousness darling, fun/funny as it may be..
    I am indeed! I just find this particularly funny

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.