Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I'm Olly Watson. I'm the Programme Manager for Phantom Radio, the University of Derby's own radio station, made and run by the students, for the students! If you have any interest in radio at all, in any capacity, having a role with us is a fantastic opportunity!

We have a schedule for the radio at the moment, which is due to be pulled apart by the start of next year once some of the older guys leave and people's timetables change. With that in mind, we want as many new people involved in the radio station as we can get.

It's a long way off at the time of writing, but I hope by the time everyone has heard back whether they are coming to Derby or not, there will be a few of you lot interested in being trained and then presenting and running your own 2 hour show, anytime between 10am and 9pm from Monday to Friday.

If you are a current student and are interested, or know someone who would be, get in contact with me ASAP! I'll let you know what slots are available.

Here is a link to have a listen to the radio, or look at our site: http://phantom-media.co.uk/phantom-radio/

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be starting in the fall and I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

I have a voice that could make a rabid wolverine purr if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    I'm going to be starting in the fall and I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

I have a voice that could make a rabid wolverine purr if that helps.
    Love it! that definitely helps your case haha. Just keep in touch with me and closer to the time we'll start to organise a provisional timetable so we'll get you on that once you know what lectures and stuff you'll be doing.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!!

So everyone, by now most of you will know if you're coming to Derby! If any of you have any interest in joining the Radio team and having your own show in a few weeks time, please let me know! We're expecting a big year for the radio with lots of live events so make sure you get involved and make the most of what's available to you!

(It's still Olly, my old account won't send a password reset so I'm back under a new name)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.