Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When applying to universities I had considered applying to Nottingham, it was only until the very last minute that I had changed my mind due to wanting to send my application off as soon as possible.
    I now realise I should have applied here as it is closer to home (at first I thought I wanted to be further away) and I feel very anxious about moving too far. I contacted the university about applying through Extra and they said they would be please about considering my application.
    However, after I sent my application off I got into a relationship with a boy who also wants to go to this uni. I now worry that if I apply here through Extra people (and he) will think I am only doing it because this is where he is going

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want to do and ignore what everyone else may or may not think. I decided to apply late to the uni I got into and I was worried people would think it was because a guy I volunteer with was also going to that uni as well, but I did it anyway. The guy teased me about it for a while but as long as you know it isn't the truth it doesn't matter. It's all irrelevant! If anything he should be happy you may be going to the same uni.

ReputationRep:
    so what if he thinks that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Do what you want to do and ignore what everyone else may or may not think. I decided to apply late to the uni I got into and I was worried people would think it was because a guy I volunteer with was also going to that uni as well, but I did it anyway. The guy teased me about it for a while but as long as you know it isn't the truth it doesn't matter. It's all irrelevant! If anything he should be happy you may be going to the same uni.
    How did you apply late? Or had you just not used all of your options yet? Thank you this made me feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    so what if he thinks that?
    I think I'm just worried he'd find it weird, because it'd be a 'stupid reason' to decide where I'm going to university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladybird4)
    I think I'm just worried he'd find it weird, because it'd be a 'stupid reason' to decide where I'm going to university
    Just make it clear to him that it's not xD im sure he'll believe you
    tell him you've been thinking about it for a while and if he's researched it and what he knows about it and he'll see how enthusiastic you are about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladybird4)
    How did you apply late? Or had you just not used all of your options yet? Thank you this made me feel better
    UCAS deadline was the 15th and I applied on the 24th (Jan).
    Just communicate to him that you really like the uni and had regretted your earlier decisions, have you ever spoken to him about that uni before? I don't think he will care, even if he did think it was for him, it wouldn't push him to dump you or anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.