Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to go into the banking sector once I graduate and am wondering which is the best uni to do my degree so I have the best chance of entering investment banking. Please don't tell me to look at student life etc, I know that is important but it really isn't my priority. Besides I have friends who've gone to all three places and have loved it.

I know this also relies on other factors, such as what kind of pass I achieve at Uni and intern ships etc.

However based on these three choices, what should I make my firm and insurance?

PPE at York is highly regarded but Exeter and Manchester as Uni's have higher rankings and I have been told that employers look at the Uni rather than the degree.

Also I'm hoping that I can get 1 or 2 A*s so I can go through adjustment: how likely are my chances at getting a place at Durham or Bristol through this or should I just focus on what I already have?

Thank you in advance for any advice given

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.