Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've recently received an offer from Derby! Wondering if anyone else has as well?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am student at Derby uni. If u want to know about the uni msg me

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an interview at Derby on 18th May, do you have any tips?!

ReputationRep:
    When did you both receive your interview invites?
    I still haven't heard anything, so should I assume I haven't made it onto the interview stage?

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 13th Feb and they emailed me on the 3rd March. It might be worth ringing them.

ReputationRep:
    I applied before Christmas, had my interview in February and got offered a place at the beginning of March! So I kinda assumed interviews were all done but obviously not!

Good luck with your interview, its all pretty relaxed so just be yourself I didnt find the interview questions too tricky, theyre not trying to trip you up

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I really hope I get a place, but I feel because people have already been given places it's going to be harder. It's my fault for leaving my application so late!

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed! Would you move to Derby or would you commute? There are still some universities that have their applications open still for NHS funded places so it might be worth applying for them as well?

ReputationRep:
    I live in Derby so it's ideal, plus I'm married as well so I wouldn't really think about moving. I've heard that some workplaces offer to pay for you to train as an O.T as well so I'm hoping that would be another option!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies.

I also applied before Christmas and heard nothing back. I've rang and emailed but at this point I assume I've been unsuccessful.

Well done to those who have got on and good luck to those still waiting to hear!

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Are you studying OT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth.1993)
    I've recently received an offer from Derby! Wondering if anyone else has as well?
    Hey I have an offer on the MSc in OT too at Derby have you recieved a letter in the post yet? I got my offer in the first week in April through email but haven't received an official letter yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizziemaria19)
    Hey I have an offer on the MSc in OT too at Derby have you recieved a letter in the post yet? I got my offer in the first week in April through email but haven't received an official letter yet.
    No I havent really heard anything else from them which makes me worry slightly! Have you sorted out accommodation yet or are you commuting to Derby?

ReputationRep:
    No I havent really heard anything else from them which makes me worry slightly! Have you sorted out accommodation yet or are you commuting to Derby?
    Me too haha, I just want confirmation! I think I'll be commuting. I'm from Doncaster so it's about an hour on the train for me. What about you?

What's your background? I've just finished my undergraduate degree, I studied Children, Young People And Families.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview next wednesday do you have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirankataria)
    I have an interview next wednesday do you have any tips?
    Don't worry the interview is not too hard, nothing to trip you up. Mine included a group task where you have to work together to decide on what groups would be useful to run within a community day centre.

The individual interview was straight forward with questions like what is OT? Why do you want to do OT? What do you think the challenges of the course may be?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry the interview is not too hard, nothing to trip you up. Mine included a group task where you have to work together to decide on what groups would be useful to run within a community day centre.

The individual interview was straight forward with questions like what is OT? Why do you want to do OT? What do you think the challenges of the course may be?

Thats so useful! Thank you so much. Hopefully I'll be joining you in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirankataria)
    Thats so useful! Thank you so much. Hopefully I'll be joining you in September!
    Good luck

Oh I also had a written task where you had to answer 2 questions, one question about teamwork and one about how to deliver effective care.

ReputationRep:
    Me too haha, I just want confirmation! I think I'll be commuting. I'm from Doncaster so it's about an hour on the train for me. What about you?

What's your background? I've just finished my undergraduate degree, I studied Children, Young People And Families.
    I emailed a while ago asking a couple of questions, one asking when we'd hear more information and they answered every question apart from that, so I have no idea!! Ah right thats fair enough! I live in Gloucestershire so am moving up to Derby, I hope I'm not the only one!

I finished my degree in Psychology last year and am now working until the summer! I'm quite nervous about starting, I don't know about you!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed a while ago asking a couple of questions, one asking when we'd hear more information and they answered every question apart from that, so I have no idea!! Ah right thats fair enough! I live in Gloucestershire so am moving up to Derby, I hope I'm not the only one!

I finished my degree in Psychology last year and am now working until the summer! I'm quite nervous about starting, I don't know about you!
    Hi

I got an email with my offer letter on Monday and I had to reply to accept the offer. So I'm sure you will get yours soon.

I'm nervous too! I'm sure we'll be fine Do you know how many people will be on the course?

University open days

• University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  • University of Derby
    1 Devonshire Rd, Buxton SK17 6RY Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  • University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Postgraduate
    Thu, 8 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.