Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohanregmi)
    you guys, i think I really mucked up on the demand for housing and Help to Buy scheme. I didn't mention XED, but if I used to extract and explained what would happen to demand and evaluated, how many marks do u think i could potentially receive?
    I'm not sure. I think mentioning XED and that the goods are substitutes was the basis for the question. It depends really on what you said would happen to demand and how you evaluated. If you did that well then I'm sure you wouldn't have lost all the marks for that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpjjohnson)
    Oh god, good luck!! Yes I love economics and am hoping to continue it. I want to take all four of my A level options but they are all 2 year courses so my school asked me to take an AS so that I would have the option to change my mind in case next year became too overwhelming. What about you? Are you dropping?
    Thanks!! i didn't think i would but i actually love economics, i hoping to continue all 4 subjects next year too, but apparently my school forces you to drop your weakest subject? is that even a thing?! i thought the whole point of A levels changing was so that we continued on with all subjects to A2 level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicoledsk)
    Thanks!! i didn't think i would but i actually love economics, i hoping to continue all 4 subjects next year too, but apparently my school forces you to drop your weakest subject? is that even a thing?! i thought the whole point of A levels changing was so that we continued on with all subjects to A2 level?
    I didn't think they could actually stop you from doing it - I thought they could only advise you not to take four if they believed you couldn't handle it?

ReputationRep:
    How do you study for the macro paper

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think they could actually stop you from doing it - I thought they could only advise you not to take four if they believed you couldn't handle it?
    same! i'm pretty strong in all 4 subjects so hopeful i should be able to keep doing them, any ideas on what you want to study at Uni (assuming that you're going)?

ReputationRep:
    same! i'm pretty strong in all 4 subjects so hopeful i should be able to keep doing them, any ideas on what you want to study at Uni (assuming that you're going)?
    Unfortunately I can't continue Economics because I didn't do maths so I was thinking history which I absolutely love you?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I can't continue Economics because I didn't do maths so I was thinking history which I absolutely love you?
    oh no! can you not do economics without maths? i thought you could. And i'm hoping to do dentistry or Accounting, economics and finance (i know their both polar opposites lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkecon)
    Yes, it is literally the same thing every single time.

Unit 1: externalities or a possible effects. Use the externality or consumer/producer/government framework.

Unit 2: every time, conflicts between objectives and monetary/fiscal/supply-side policies comes up.

There has been no variation in 15 years.
    oh but it wasn't..... lol

new spec ****ed us all over

ReputationRep:
    someone start a petition? what was that exam 😭

ReputationRep:
    oh no! can you not do economics without maths? i thought you could. And i'm hoping to do dentistry or Accounting, economics and finance (i know their both polar opposites lol)
    Not if I want to do it at a Russell group university but I've heard economics at university is pretty similar to maths so I'm not too upset.

ReputationRep:
    Not if I want to do it at a Russell group university but I've heard economics at university is pretty similar to maths so I'm not too upset.
    that's not too bad for me as i enjoy maths and i'm looking at Russel groups too but i've heard their hyped up quite a lot and are not as good as it seems? idk

ReputationRep:
    I did a maximum price scheme for 6f, is this correct ?

ReputationRep:
    that's not too bad for me as i enjoy maths and i'm looking at Russel groups too but i've heard their hyped up quite a lot and are not as good as it seems? idk
    I suppose some might be. It depends on where your course is on the league tables. My aim is to get into one of the top ten for history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mynamesjf21)
    My friend and I did that too but I couldn't tell you if that was what the answer was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mynamesjf21)
    omg i started doing a maximum price scheme but switched to subsidy as i thought that would be a more obvious choice? eurgh i'm freaking out now

ReputationRep:
    I suppose some might be. It depends on where your course is on the league tables. My aim is to get into one of the top ten for history.
    sounds logical, good luck with applying and good luck with macro next week!!

ReputationRep:
    sounds logical, good luck with applying and good luck with macro next week!!
    You too! Fingers crossed for merciful questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadundeBrian)
    Something like 23.3%?
    Safe got that as well 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dennizun_win)
    Hitler reacts to Unit 1 video uploading soon Be warned its very sweary.
    Can you post a link?

ReputationRep:
    omg i started doing a maximum price scheme but switched to subsidy as i though that would be a more obvious choice? eurgh i'm freaking out now
    Both are government intervention

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.