Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2016 Edexcel Economics A: Paper 1 Intro To Markets And Market Failure (May 16th) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadundeBrian)
    Honestly , I don't expect you to spend a whole hour on this, more of a quick 15 minute job would be sufficient - just a quick skim read and some pointers of how to improve. Thank you.
    It's honestly quite difficult to give pointers, I'd need to be specific so you can actually understand how to improve and then include model answers so you can see what a 100% answer actually looks like.

I mean very quickly:

+ you're structuring well, with paragraphs for your analysis and then separate ones for your evaluation
    - but sometimes you mix two evaluations and points into one huge paragraph (e.g. second PES paragraph)
    + PED evaluation of profits is great
    - lots of confusion with negative externalities

^but see like imo that is almost totally useless and isn't going to help you. I need to go into your work, explain exactly what's wrong, like there are several major misconceptions you have on negative externalities and your points don't lead anywhere - you don't seem to have a framework for answering these, particularly for evaluating.

I will help you properly as soon I have time! In the meantime, sort out your paragraphing + look into mark schemes re how to evaluate externalities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkecon)
    It's honestly quite difficult to give pointers, I'd need to be specific so you can actually understand how to improve and then include model answers so you can see what a 100% answer actually looks like.

I mean very quickly:

+ you're structuring well, with paragraphs for your analysis and then separate ones for your evaluation
    - but sometimes you mix two evaluations and points into one huge paragraph (e.g. second PES paragraph)
    + PED evaluation of profits is great
    - lots of confusion with negative externalities

^but see like imo that is almost totally useless and isn't going to help you. I need to go into your work, explain exactly what's wrong, like there are several major misconceptions you have on negative externalities and your points don't lead anywhere - you don't seem to have a framework for answering these, particularly for evaluating.

I will help you properly as soon I have time! In the meantime, sort out your paragraphing + look into mark schemes re how to evaluate externalities.
    Oh course! Yeah I think the time pressure got to me with that negative externality question hence the confusion. Thanks for your time, and I'm grateful you are helping.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I Really struggle in understanding externalities diagrams. I know how to draw them but not how to explain them. Can you help? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What effect does a change in trade have on BOP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _cryinglightning)
    What effect does a change in trade have on BOP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think that's part of the syllabus. Perhaps impact on the current account? Trade will encourage greater exports and imports, it could also lead to greater FDI and other capital flows affecting the Financial Account.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how to set out the 20 markers, I'm also not very good at expanding my evaluation points to get more than one mark, are there any expanded points i could use?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was wondering if you can go over the predictions you think will come up (as you said externalities ect. and what you mean by the effects like specific examples thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also i found really useful notes:
    physics and maths tutor and go to edexcel A notes and they cover everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    I don't think that's part of the syllabus. Perhaps impact on the current account? Trade will encourage greater exports and imports, it could also lead to greater FDI and other capital flows affecting the Financial Account.
    Any chance of marking those questions before Saturday? It's just that my exam is on Monday, and I wanted to ensure I understand externalities questions fully as you said there was much confusion with those.
    Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for the possible 20 markers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    Anyone know how to explain a multiple choice answer and if my way is correct?

Define whatever the question is about.
    Apply it to the context of the question.
    Explain why the answer is correct with an answer.
    You don't have to explain multiple choice questions on the new spec anymore

ReputationRep:
    lol im acc going to fail on monday im so underprepared

ReputationRep:
    Any chance of marking those questions before Saturday? It's just that my exam is on Monday, and I wanted to ensure I understand externalities questions fully as you said there was much confusion with those.
    Thanks,
    Unfortunately I have work myself and don't have the time. I can try to give pointers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    Unfortunately I have work myself and don't have the time. I can try to give pointers.
    Yeah, that's fine I understand. If you could just give me tips on answering the 20 mark questions (External Costs/Benefit), that would be great i.e. structures of answer, how to eval a cost/benefit paragraph etc.
    Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    lol im acc going to fail on monday im so underprepared
    Everyone's in the same boat, chill

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's in the same boat, chill
    I'm not.

I've created:

Full Unit 1 and 2 notes, made by yours truly.
    A guide of how much and what to write for each question, created by me.
    Hit me up with your email addresses if you want them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasaron)
    I'm not.

I've created:

Full Unit 1 and 2 notes, made by yours truly.
    A guide of how much and what to write for each question, created by me.
    Hit me up with your email addresses if you want them.
    Hey, could you provide me with some information on what to write and how much to write for each question?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know if we need to learn about buffer stocks or how to draw them because they come up a lot in the old edexcel spec but not sure about the new one

ReputationRep:
    For theme 1 there is nothing in the new spec about buffer stocks, so you don't need to learn about it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and does doing old papers help? Because they are based off the old spec and the marks available for certain questions are different so I'm not sure whether or not it's useful to do the past papers

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.