Turn on thread page Beta

2016 Edexcel Economics A: Paper 1 Intro To Markets And Market Failure (May 16th) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilydavison6)
    for every evaluate essay question do you have to
    say a pro (whatever is the question)
    then do an alternative of why it my be something else
    then do pro question
    then do alternative
    do you do this for each point?
    I like to give 2 pros, 2-1 negatives then evaluate, I don't like mixing my evaluation in my points so I do my KAA then further analysis and evaluation (other side of the coin) then i do pure evaluation at the end and include a slight judgement in the very final paragraph. In total you should have about 7-9 paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I like to give 2 pros, 2-1 negatives then evaluate, I don't like mixing my evaluation in my points so I do my KAA then further analysis and evaluation (other side of the coin) then i do pure evaluation at the end and include a slight judgement in the very final paragraph. In total you should have about 7-9 paragraphs
    ah thank you so much! how many evaluation paragraphs would you write for 20 mark / 15

ReputationRep:
    Is over/under consumption a market failure?
    Isnt a market failure when the free market fails yo privides goods or services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilydavison6)
    ah thank you so much! how many evaluation paragraphs would you write for 20 mark / 15
    I would say two for pure evaluation but you'll have a paragraph for your counter arguement which will be KAA and evaluation

ReputationRep:
    any idea how to write a bomb ass essay?

ReputationRep:
    ohh igy so its
    KAA first argument
    KAA counter augment
    2 evaluation paras? is that write
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a go-to list for points to state about "possible economic effects"? My teacher gave us one that you could always fall-back on but I've forgotten it...

ReputationRep:
    There's a mind map below the up learn video which is about possible economic effects

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the adjusted papers for the new spec of edexcel economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brickbybrick)
    There's a mind map below the up learn video which is about possible economic effects
    The up learn page won't open on mobiles and I don't have my laptop this week, would anyone be able to post the mind map here?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    TIME TO SHREK IT LADS... Who else is pumped?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdeffy)
    The up learn page won't open on mobiles and I don't have my laptop this week, would anyone be able to post the mind map here?
    Sent them via private message

ReputationRep:
    This is very late but what would you say for a 10 mark about XED??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _cryinglightning;[url="tel:64828505")
    64828505[/url]]This is very late but what would you say for a 10 mark about XED??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well first of all, you won't just get a 10 mark solely asking you about XED. But if a question about XED does come up, the main points you need to mention is the definition for XED or the formula (no need for both) and then explain what the value of XED means. So if it's positive, then the relationship between the two goods is that they're substitutes and if the value is negative then they are compliments (strong substitutes and strong compliments if they're closer to 1 or -1 respectively). I doubt there will be a question on XED anyway, or there could be one on something else and you could talk about its XED value as an evaluative point.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. How were the exams? What are your opinions on the toughness of the question?
    And what do you people think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Good luck guys!!!!
    Didnt you give your exams yet?
    My exams are over.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ahnafhaque)
    Didnt you give your exams yet?
    My exams are over.
    It's currently 7:45 in the UK so exams aren't expected to start for a bit. Please ensure you don't reveal questions in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It's currently 7:45 in the UK so exams aren't expected to start for a bit. Please ensure you don't reveal questions in advance
    Nope never. It is way beyond my ethical approach. Anyway good luck on your exams and do discuss after wards.
    Btw, are you guys giving the same paper as ours? We are giving IAL so are you guys giving IAL or GCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnafhaque)
    Nope never. It is way beyond my ethical approach. Anyway good luck on your exams and do discuss after wards.
    Btw, are you guys giving the same paper as ours? We are giving IAL so are you guys giving IAL or GCE?
    Gce

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.