How did you learn animation? Watch

AbirM
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to learn how to do animation for short films for fun. Kind of in the style of TomSka. Anyone know how I can begin learning? I have like no experience in this besides ICT A Level and GCSE.

Preferably free as I don't want it to be serious lol but whatever ways you personally taught yourself/were taught would be nice to hear!
Badges: 16
Report 2 years ago
I would recommend using adobe flash as the animation software. (i think you can get the trial version for free) or if your college or uni provides one, that's even better. (mine does)

Watch this YT video and practice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4YY9meKzO_Y

I think the best way for you to learn as much as possible is to experiment with variety of different tools to know exactly what each one does... but I'm not stopping you from using other resources.

Here are some links for free software.

If I were an animator I would rather purchase flash than use any of those. I don't know, maybe because I've been using it for quite a while and it's really convenient for me.

AbirM
AbirM
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Impressive)
I would recommend using adobe flash as the animation software. (i think you can get the trial version for free) or if your college or uni provides one, that's even better. (mine does)

Watch this YT video and practice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4YY9meKzO_Y

I think the best way for you to learn as much as possible is to experiment with variety of different tools to know exactly what each one does... but I'm not stopping you from using other resources.

Here are some links for free software.

1.2.If I were an animator I would rather purchase flash than use any of those. I don't know, maybe because I've been using it for quite a while and it's really convenient for me.

AbirM
Thanks so much! Very useful! Will hopefully get onto this this weekend!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.49%
No (474)
60.85%
Not really bothered about them (161)
20.67%

Watched Threads