Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to learn how to do animation for short films for fun. Kind of in the style of TomSka. Anyone know how I can begin learning? I have like no experience in this besides ICT A Level and GCSE.

Preferably free as I don't want it to be serious lol but whatever ways you personally taught yourself/were taught would be nice to hear!

I would recommend using adobe flash as the animation software. (i think you can get the trial version for free) or if your college or uni provides one, that's even better. (mine does)

Watch this YT video and practice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4YY9meKzO_Y

I think the best way for you to learn as much as possible is to experiment with variety of different tools to know exactly what each one does... but I'm not stopping you from using other resources.

Here are some links for free software.

If I were an animator I would rather purchase flash than use any of those. I don't know, maybe because I've been using it for quite a while and it's really convenient for me.

AbirM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    I would recommend using adobe flash as the animation software. (i think you can get the trial version for free) or if your college or uni provides one, that's even better. (mine does)

Watch this YT video and practice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4YY9meKzO_Y

I think the best way for you to learn as much as possible is to experiment with variety of different tools to know exactly what each one does... but I'm not stopping you from using other resources.

Here are some links for free software.

1.2.If I were an animator I would rather purchase flash than use any of those. I don't know, maybe because I've been using it for quite a while and it's really convenient for me.

AbirM
    Thanks so much! Very useful! Will hopefully get onto this this weekend!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.