Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I accidently dropped my moto g in the toilet and i immediately took it out;wiped it with a cloth and put it in a bowl of rice.After a few mins,the phone started vibrating ALOT.It soon stopped vibrating and i waited a day and then i checked if the phone worked again.I tried turning the power on but nothing happened there was also some water inside of my phones camera lense.Should i leave it in the rice for another day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chanace Thomas)
    I accidently dropped my moto g in the toilet and i immediately took it out;wiped it with a cloth and put it in a bowl of rice.After a few mins,the phone started vibrating ALOT.It soon stopped vibrating and i waited a day and then i checked if the phone worked again.I tried turning the power on but nothing happened there was also some water inside of my phones camera lense.Should i leave it in the rice for another day?
    Leave it in rice for as long as you can. Keep switching it on in between to see if it works.

If all fails you can get a repair. As far as I remember, I think Motorola phones have a two year warranty. You can always contact the Motorola repair center to see if they can fix it. I believe they will only ask for your number, network and IMEI number.

Hope all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Leave it in rice for as long as you can. Keep switching it on in between to see if it works.

If all fails you can get a repair. As far as I remember, I think Motorola phones have a two year warranty. You can always contact the Motorola repair center to see if they can fix it. I believe they will only ask for your number, network and IMEI number.

Hope all goes well!
    Do they cover water damage? Most companies dont.

ReputationRep:
    how....just how ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Do they cover water damage? Most companies dont.
    Hmm, I think they don't but if you keep it in rice for a long time the drops may not be visible to the phone engineers. :lol:

If I were you I'd just call up and demand for a new phone. There would be no loss for you as your phone would be no help with you anyway. If suppose they do recognise it being a water damage they can return your phone for free.

But of course, before you try all of this keep it in rice and see the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    I put it in rice and all and when I took it out to turn it on,it turned on but there was water IN the screen and it wouldn't let me type in my passcode or anything because the touch screen wasn't working

ReputationRep:
    I put it in rice and all and when I took it out to turn it on,it turned on but there was water IN the screen and it wouldn't let me type in my passcode or anything because the touch screen wasn't working
    Leave it near a radiator to dry out.

I managed to put my Siemens phone through the 40 degree wash cycle in the washing machine and it still worked after much to my amazement!

ReputationRep:
    Turn it back off, keep it in the rice for several days and don't uncross your fingers.

Contrary to what the other guy said, I would strongly advise against turning it on at all while you wait- running an electrical current through a device with water inside can be a great way of bricking it. The more often you turn it on, the more chance there is of a droplet bridging connections on the phone's circuit board that really don't want to be bridged.

Keep the phone off, wait as long as you can, then wait an extra couple of days anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it in rice
    Rice attract Asian
    Asian Fix it

or

See how to basic guide-It is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your suggestions!
    I had taken out my phone because i had it in the rice for a long time and so i tested it but it wouldnt turn on.i charged ittt....but when i charged it,theres a little light thing in my phone and that lit up but my phone started making a buzz sound so i took it out again.I think im just gonna have to buy a new one😒

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your suggestions!
    I had taken out my phone because i had it in the rice for a long time and so i tested it but it wouldnt turn on.i charged ittt....but when i charged it,theres a little light thing in my phone and that lit up but my phone started making a buzz sound so i took it out again.I think im just gonna have to buy a new one😒
    Get it repaired from a phone shop before considering purchasing a new phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Get it repaired from a phone shop before considering purchasing a new phone.
    And make sure it's from a reputable repairer, not one that will take your phone promising to repair it, then close down and disappear overnight, never for you to see your phone repaired or not again. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Buy a new one if you can't get it to do anything. Chances are something on the mainboard is shorted, and if the mainboard is shorted, the phone is not economically repairable. The damage from corrosion can also take some weeks to set in, so be wary of any repair shops - not an uncommon scenario that it gets "fixed" then stops working again a few weeks later due to corrosion damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Two)
    And make sure it's from a reputable repairer, not one that will take your phone promising to repair it, then close down and disappear overnight, never for you to see your phone repaired or not again. :moon:
    Yes i usually research the best shops at repairing, i look at Facebook reviews as most shops are now on social media so would advise OP to do the same.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.