Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Explain why relations between the Soviet Union and USA changed in the years 1979-1991 (13 marks)

The following can be included:

. The invasion of Afghanistan
    . The election of President Reagan

If anyone has any points to help me answer the question or advise on how to gain full marks please feel free to let me know,

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tameimpalaaa)
    Explain why relations between the Soviet Union and USA changed in the years 1979-1991 (13 marks)

The following can be included:

. The invasion of Afghanistan
    . The election of President Reagan

If anyone has any points to help me answer the question or advise on how to gain full marks please feel free to let me know,

Thanks.
    Markscheme7–10 Explainscauses. The candidate explains how thecause(s) led to the statedoutcome and supports the explanation with relevantcontextual knowledge.• 7–8 marks for one explained cause, according to the quality ofexplanation.• 8–9 marks for two explained causes, according to the quality ofexplanation.• 9–10 marks for three or more explained causes, according to thequality of explanation.Maximum9 marks for answers that do not explain an aspect beyond those prompted 11–13 Prioritises causes or sees link between them.Thisconsiders the relationship between causes. (This level can be achieved only ifthe response has explained at least three causes and has made explicitcomparisons of the relative importance of two of them in coming to ajudgement.)• 12-13 marks for judgement of the relative importance of more thantwo causes or for an answer which shows the inter-relationship between threecauses in coming to a judgement.NB:No access to Level 4 for answers which do not explore an aspect beyond thoseprompted by the stimulus material
    Basically, prioritise causes and constantly say which one had the biggest impact (probably afghanistan invasion led to end of detente etc etc) Also link.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.