Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect Durham to be incredible in terms of night life or even social life, but is it as boring as people say it is?
    The average response to 'I'm going to Durham' is something along the lines of: 'You're going to be bored...' or 'It's dead'.
    I mean, it can't be that bad can it, does the overall quality of education there make up for its lack of quality on the social-front?
    Are there any existing students that have any comments about it?
    (I have received accommodation in Queen's Campus FYI)

Thanks for any help

I'm going there too, its not the place but the people. You make the experience - plus Newcastle 12 mins by train, London one hour by plane don't worry just try and find the fun people

PPE Student , Collingwood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mnaj123)
    I don't expect Durham to be incredible in terms of night life or even social life, but is it as boring as loo people say it is?
    The average response to 'I'm going to Durham' is something along the lines of: 'You're going to be bored...' or 'It's dead'.
    I mean, it can't be that bad can it, does the overall quality of education there make up for its lack of quality on the social-front?
    Are there any existing students that have any comments about it?
    (I have received accommodation in Queen's Campus FYI)

Thanks for any help
    Queens campus is on the Stockton site. Not at Durham itself. You need to ask students there. It's quite a long bus ride between Durham and Queens campus. You probably won't be travelling between the two that often.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.