Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Last year I graduated with a BSc Psychology with a mid 2:1. I have been increasingly interested in a career in law as a solicitor and the GDL route seems like the best option. I'm having a little trouble selecting where to study. Right now I am looking at UoL (Bristol/London/Exeter), BPP (Bristol/London), the University of Westminster and others. I'm leaning a bit more towards the Bristol courses due to the cost of living in London being high and being closer to family. But I am finding it hard to find much feedback on the courses offered in Bristol.

I am hoping to study part-time over the course of 2 years. I work part-time from home and I am hoping that I should more or less be able to fund myself this way.

I would appreciate any feedback and recommendations. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    If time is not an issue...then go for a senior status llb.. GDL will be only recnognised in the UK.. My personal opinion go for LLB has better reputation than the GDL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbakias)
    If time is not an issue...then go for a senior status llb.. GDL will be only recnognised in the UK.. My personal opinion go for LLB has better reputation than the GDL
    Thank you for your reply. I do see the benefits of an LLB as from what I have read the GDL seems to cover just the minimum in comparison. Also like you said the LLB recognised abroad. I'm just a little hesitant as if I were to do an LLB part time with senior status it seems to be around 4 years? I'm also having a little trouble finding out whether the application deadline has passed for LLB courses, but I will contact a few providers tomorrow.

If the deadline has not passed, I may consider taking a full-time LLB with senior status.

I have another question I have if anyone can provide any insight. Should I end up taking the GDL, is there any good reading material I can go through for now? I have come into a few 'study notes' such as gdlanswered/yourgdl, would they only be helpful to those currently attending classes?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.