Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Last year I graduated with a BSc Psychology with a mid 2:1. I have been increasingly interested in a career in law as a solicitor and the GDL route seems like the best option. I'm having a little trouble selecting where to study. Right now I am looking at UoL (Bristol/London/Exeter), BPP (Bristol/London), the University of Westminster and others. I'm leaning a bit more towards the Bristol courses due to the cost of living in London being high and being closer to family. But I am finding it hard to find much feedback on the courses offered in Bristol.

I am hoping to study part-time over the course of 2 years. I work part-time from home and I am hoping that I should more or less be able to fund myself this way.

I would appreciate any feedback and recommendations. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    If time is not an issue...then go for a senior status llb.. GDL will be only recnognised in the UK.. My personal opinion go for LLB has better reputation than the GDL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbakias)
    If time is not an issue...then go for a senior status llb.. GDL will be only recnognised in the UK.. My personal opinion go for LLB has better reputation than the GDL
    Thank you for your reply. I do see the benefits of an LLB as from what I have read the GDL seems to cover just the minimum in comparison. Also like you said the LLB recognised abroad. I'm just a little hesitant as if I were to do an LLB part time with senior status it seems to be around 4 years? I'm also having a little trouble finding out whether the application deadline has passed for LLB courses, but I will contact a few providers tomorrow.

If the deadline has not passed, I may consider taking a full-time LLB with senior status.

I have another question I have if anyone can provide any insight. Should I end up taking the GDL, is there any good reading material I can go through for now? I have come into a few 'study notes' such as gdlanswered/yourgdl, would they only be helpful to those currently attending classes?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.