Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am 16 years old, i am slightly tanned with green/hazel eyes brown wavy hair with mild highlights , i usually wear concealer brow pencil and mascara to school, but i want to look pretty! what should i wear instead?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you look very pretty regardless! If you really want advice though, I guess it depends on how strict your school is. My school let us get away with anything with makeup - I always wore winged eyeliner, mascara, foundation etc. As long as you weren't going over the top and it looked neat, you were fine. I do think they tightened up on the rules though. You could always do a simple eyeshadow look with a small eyeliner flick maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    no one 'deserves to be raped' how dare you make such a disgusting comment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree. I think this person should be banned for there awful behaviour. All they do is make inappropriate jokes which are not in the least amusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ume Hussain)
    I can undertsna where you're coming from but sometimes makeup help gives a girl self confidence and feel beautiful so why shouldn't she wear it. When by wearing she can feel beautiful confident and powerfull.
    Did you read the answer, she shouldn't wear it because it attracts guys penises.

ReputationRep:
    I can undertsna where you're coming from but sometimes makeup help gives a girl self confidence and feel beautiful so why shouldn't she wear it. When by wearing she can feel beautiful confident and powerfull.
    You UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM! My poor 96 year old grandmother was raped because she was showing two much ankle and the man got a so hard he yanked out his penis right there, I dread to think what would have happened if she'd been wearing such slutty face paint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Murry)
    Did you read the answer, she shouldn't wear it because it attracts guys penises.
    But it doesn't and why should girls care about that anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wheatly)
    You UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM! My poor 96 year old grandmother was raped because she was showing two much ankle and the man got a so hard he yanked out his penis right there, I dread to think what would have happened if she'd been wearing such slutty face paint.
    #MakeTheBurqaGreatAgain

ReputationRep:
    But that was your grandmother things are different now!

ReputationRep:
    I was there, it wasn't pretty.

ReputationRep:
    It was only two weeks ago and she died 1 month ago

ReputationRep:
    Wow Wheatly - who knew a person could be so low.
    Right, back to itsy_rosexx - Honey, i'm sure you are beautiful. However if you feel you want to wear makeup, i would reccomend something light - lilac eyeshadow maybe, mascara, foundation if you REALLY feel you need it (although this is not a good habit to get into) and maybe a little lipgloss? Only wear these if your school allow them, of course! You could also try experimenting with your hair - it may look nice in a messy bun. Be confident, you don't need to wear makeup to be pretty, remeber! Oh yea, and DO NOT cake yourself in makeup. Please, we don't need more teenagers who do that! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    That's horrid, that really is..
    However that is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to tell a girl she is going to get raped if she wears makeup. Make up is NOT slutty face paint - it can make a girl feel more self confident and express herself. Honestly - she came on here for some advice, not to get told off. Please in the future DO NOT do mean things like this - it's unessecary- I'm sure she is aware - we all had the talk when we were little..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    That's horrid, that really is..
    However that is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to tell a girl she is going to get raped if she wears makeup. Make up is NOT slutty face paint - it can make a girl feel more self confident and express herself. Honestly - she came on here for some advice, not to get told off. Please in the future DO NOT do mean things like this - it's unessecary- I'm sure she is aware - we all had the talk when we were little..
    Not in Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    Not in Saudi Arabia.
    WE ARE NOT IN SAUDI ARABIA. I'm sure if she goes there, she'll be careful.

ReputationRep:
    WE ARE NOT IN SAUDI ARABIA. I'm sure if she goes there, she'll be careful.
    <family photo i'm on the right
    Well I am.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    <family photo i'm on the right
    Well I am.
    Cool. But she is (VERY LIKLEY) not. So don't be all mean and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. But she is (VERY LIKLEY) not. So don't be all mean and stuff.

She could at least dress like my wives with respect.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

She could at least dress like my wives with respect.
    Are you having a troll? Because 'Bill Murray' sounds English. And if you are not, and i just offended you, really sorry, but people don't dress like that over here. if you do, and it's not your religion or culture, you get made fun of. FACT. A teen girl already has enough to deal with in her life, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsy_rosexx)
    Hi, I am 16 years old, i am slightly tanned with green/hazel eyes brown wavy hair with mild highlights , i usually wear concealer brow pencil and mascara to school, but i want to look pretty! what should i wear instead?
    Well I personally don't see any problem with wearing makeup, and I do all the time. You get used to tasteless comments after time. I would start with a BB/CC cream if you want to get flawless skin, but your skin isn't too blemished (Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream) or maybe a foundation to cover up more, but don't start to use foundation before you need it(Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse) Then use a concealer and some powder if you have oily skin (Maybelline Matte Maker). I like to use a bronzer (Collection Bronze Glow Matte)all over my face to give a healthy glow. Nice light circular motions on your cheekbones, forebead, nose and chin especially - you want to look sunkissed!

Then an eyebrow powder/pencil, mascara, eyeliner (MUA Eye Define Felt liner for winged or Rimmel Soft Kohl in sable for a more natural line). A simple peach/coral lip (Sleek Lipstick true colour barely there)

I've learned (the hard way!)that makeup is mush more about enhancing what you've got subtly to look better but not crazy for school.

You can check my blog (lillyrosesmiles.blogspot.com) for more tips! all the best - willing to answer questions <3

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand what happened here, but i appreciate all the comments that are good, i am NOT planning to go to Saudi Arabia and I just asked about makeup to enhance my looks, and it ISNT slutty to wear makeup! >_<

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.