Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you turn it around if you appeared clingy to a women? Watch

Ok so hands up I have screwed up in the sense that I appeared clingy to someone I met a few weeks back. We've already met for coffee once and it went really well and there seemed to be a spark. We also spoke about doing stuff afterwards (she even suggested a few things), so it definitely didn't seem one-way.

Over the past week her texts have been different - replies take longer to come in and also I jokingly suggested meeting up to celebrate some good news she had which she didn't address in her reply.

Is there a way I can turn this around? If I take a few steps back could it help? I do like her and while a lot of people may 'say that she isn't to you' I do think that there is something there. Just want to see what steps I can take to maybe turn this around however I also do appreciate that I may have blown this or that she doesn't feel the same way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is possible to turn it around, text a bit less frequently and make sure that when you do they are high quality texts which are a bit different and will make her laugh / smile (easier said than done)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so hands up I have screwed up in the sense that I appeared clingy to someone I met a few weeks back. We've already met for coffee once and it went really well and there seemed to be a spark. We also spoke about doing stuff afterwards (she even suggested a few things), so it definitely didn't seem one-way.

Over the past week her texts have been different - replies take longer to come in and also I jokingly suggested meeting up to celebrate some good news she had which she didn't address in her reply.

Is there a way I can turn this around? If I take a few steps back could it help? I do like her and while a lot of people may 'say that she isn't to you' I do think that there is something there. Just want to see what steps I can take to maybe turn this around however I also do appreciate that I may have blown this or that she doesn't feel the same way.

(Original post by dean01234)
    Yeah it is possible to turn it around, text a bit less frequently and make sure that when you do they are high quality texts which are a bit different and will make her laugh / smile (easier said than done)
    or just don't speak with her for a while yo.

ReputationRep:
    There's always a way, let her make the effort from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Might be tough. The key thing here is to step away without going completely cold turkey
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Sometimes you need to do your own thing from time to time, don't let it just be one person putting the effort in.

ReputationRep:
    Easy enough, just back off and let her come to you. Please, PLEASE, don't apologise for being clingy or anything like that...

What's the right balance between not losing touch and stepping away. Really confused about what to do here... Do I suggest meeting up or leave that alone totally????

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.