Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a month to go for AS exams, and I'm still getting only 55/75 in maths P1 (CIE)

I have no idea what to do, any advice?

I'm really scared now

ReputationRep:
    Practise! You telling yourself that you can do it will get you there!! Practise especially maths !!!!! Past papers etc etc etc practise until you know every answer to every possuble question and i guarntee that you will get an a grade in maths :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fandom-queen)
    I have a month to go for AS exams, and I'm still getting only 55/75 in maths P1 (CIE)

I'm really scared now
    I recommend doing 2/3 timed past papers a day and aiming for 72 or 73. Also, what is your second unit, S1. M1 or P2?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Past papers, do hem at regular intervals. 1 months you just make the most of the time left as efficiently as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLM98)
    I recommend doing 2/3 timed past papers a day and aiming for 72 or 73. Also, what is your second unit, S1. M1 or P2?
    S1.

Ugh, I don't know what's come over me, I'm usually quite okay with maths, but nowadays I'm struggling. I feel very stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star80)
    Practise! You telling yourself that you can do it will get you there!! Practise especially maths !!!!! Past papers etc etc etc practise until you know every answer to every possuble question and i guarntee that you will get an a grade in maths :d
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Past papers, do hem at regular intervals. 1 months you just make the most of the time left as efficiently as you can.
    Yeah, I am going to. Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    i also have my as exams, but howcome yours are in a month??
    ive got just over months for mine to start

ReputationRep:
    S1.

Ugh, I don't know what's come over me, I'm usually quite okay with maths, but nowadays I'm struggling. I feel very stressed.
    if you practise, it is quite easy to get 100% in S1. The only real weird thing is permutations and combinations, I suggest that if you struggle with them you have a look at youtube videos by examsolutions. There is like 4 or 5 on p+c and they are quite well explained.

ReputationRep:
    thank you! s1 is okay, I just get confused with continuity correction and P + C

But P1

I really struggle with variant 3 and I'm terrible at the functions and graphs, domain and range thing. It's horrible

I'm really scared now
    Your exams start in APRIL? Wow, that's early. Sorry, I don't do maths but just wanted to say relax, revise and I'm sure you will be fine. Plus, AS exams don't count towards your final A level grade so if they aren't amazing it won't matter.

ReputationRep:
    2 months lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Your exams start in APRIL? Wow, that's early. Sorry, I don't do maths but just wanted to say relax, revise and I'm sure you will be fine. Plus, AS exams don't count towards your final A level grade so if they aren't amazing it won't matter.
    Thanks, and technically, they start in May, but I'm considering march as practically over.

Thanks, and technically, they start in May, but I'm considering march as practically over.
    Haha I see. Well in that case, you have a month and a half so definitely chill. A lot can be achieved in that time... I started revising for my AS exams less than a month before they started so you are ahead of the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    2 months lol
    I'm considering it one as march is already half gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Haha I see. Well in that case, you have a month and a half so definitely chill. A lot can be achieved in that time... I started revising for my AS exams less than a month before they started so you are ahead of the game.
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    O.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiousduck)
    O.O
    huh?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.