Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    But it says "Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on their own merit" - would the fact I am an alumni of this University perhaps work in my favour?

ReputationRep:
    It probably wont make any difference. They want a 2i. You have a 2.2.

All you can do is ask if they will consider you.

Btw, without a 2i your chances of Research Council or Departmental funding are effectively zero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by songforclay90)
    But it says "Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on their own merit" - would the fact I am an alumni of this University perhaps work in my favour?
    "Other qualifications" usually means qualifications at or near degree level but not degrees e.g. business or professional qualifications.

However, there's no reason why you shouldn't contact the Admissions Office to ask. If staff at the uni know you, they may be more confident that you're capable of Masters study, even though you have a 2:2. Basically, if you don't ask, you don't get. All we can do here is guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.