Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the comment about getting on in your life and being successful. I was single for years, I got ignored which I thought was because I was ugly, but then an amazing guy picked me out of a crowd and we've been together for nearly two years. We're both now 18 and I feel great with him, but it is good to be indepedant and cofident too. So just go for it if you see a guy you like, don't be hesitant because you never know what could happen. And don't put yourself down if your pretty then lucky you, I'm not but my boy loves me no matter what!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like i Just need to rant somewhere.

But I am just tired of being single.

I have been single my whole life, I am currently 23 years old. (female btw).

I am not shallow or even concerned about the way I look, but people tell me I am very pretty (heard several guys say I am a 10/10).

I don't have a personality of a rock, so I do not understand why I have been single my whole life.

Guys do not even bother, after texting for lets say weeks, then suddenly we stop talking. Guys tell me I'm their dream girl, and wife material blah blah, but nobody ever seems to make a move.

I must admit I can be very picky. And I live in a city that limits the choices I have.

I don't know whether to just forget it and be;

1) single and bitter with 20 cats
    2) Just focus on making money and being successful
    3) join every dating app (any recommendations? loool)

All jokes aside, any advice guys and gals?
    Maybe they think you're too good for them and the guys think they'll reject you so they stop talking and cut all ties since they think they don't have a chance with you?

I'm the same OP but I'm 25 and I feel so sad but most of the time I'm fine being single it's only when I see couples I feel lonely.
    It can be sometimes, plus considering my culture my family are like when are we meeting your bf aka husband. loool.

ReputationRep:
    answer my post plz

(Original post by karl pilkington)
    Hi what career are in? Also what do you mean by make a move do you mean physically speaking.
    hey sorry for late response. I'm in final year of Medical school.

I mean everything really in terms of phone calls, ask me on dates, not physically like making out.

ReputationRep:

I am not shallow or even concerned about the way I look, but people tell me I am very pretty (heard several guys say I am a 10/10).

I don't have a personality of a rock, so I do not understand why I have been single my whole life.

Guys do not even bother, after texting for lets say weeks, then suddenly we stop talking. Guys tell me I'm their dream girl, and wife material blah blah, but nobody ever seems to make a move.

I must admit I can be very picky. And I live in a city that limits the choices I have.

PM me. I should be able to help you. I'm honest at least.

ReputationRep:

No offence, but it seems like it could be solved pretty easily?

If guys are telling you that you're their dream girl, then presumably they'd be willing to go out with you?

And if you admit to being picky, then just, be less picky? I mean, obviously you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone, but if you're also annoyed at being single, then being less picky is an obvious solution.

ReputationRep:
    1/10 not 10/10

ReputationRep:
    Same here too. 23 as well but I'm a guy. I just lost faith tbh. I meet girls quite often but they all end up liking me as a friend.

(Original post by Conkerr)
    Same here too. 23 as well but I'm a guy. I just lost faith tbh. I meet girls quite often but they all end up liking me as a friend.
    This is me.
    I'm 23 too but female.

Glad to know i'm not the only one haha. To be honest I wasted a lot of time with one girl chasing her but she never saw how much I wanted and cared for her, and I finally managed to get out of my trance when she decided to disrespect my feelings. I'm talking about over a years worth of time wasted and i'm 18 in college. After December (when I broke myself away from my feelings) I realised I have to worry about myself first.. I spent a lot of time worrying about her and we weren't in a relationship. I've just stopped worrying about trying to chase girls and focus on trying to get my grades. I promised myself since that I won't bother with a relationship with anyone for a while because it just put me into depression. My advice to you is just focus on YOU and if someone comes along then so be it, but let it flow. Don't run after anyone until you're actually in a relationship. However, I would continue to meet people and talk to them because it might work out with someone, but i'm pretty sure it will happen at the right time. I believe in fate. If it's meant to be it will, I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I really like the way you think Let's start a business together and start making money together maybe? lol
    hell why not just need 30K and we'd be started

ReputationRep:
    Lower your standards, to get off the mark.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh honest I am not a great at texting, I'm better at phone call conversations.
    Because I don't really know how to respond to text messages like
    "hey, what are you up to" or "how are you " and they reply with vague stuff like "i'm good' "nothing much"

I just feel that ends a conversation.

The other problem is the only people I ever find attractive are always outside the country, which makes starting a relationship impossible.
    With texting, if I want to start a conversation with someone, I try to find something interesting to tell them about my day, or something fun, rather than the same old boring questions. Equally though, if you prefer to phone people, then phone them?

If you can't find anyone attractive in the whole country, you might be being a tiny bit picky

ReputationRep:
    Most girls I find, have like a thousand criteria requirements in regards to their significant other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbie_KB)
    Start on Tinder :P

I'm 22, single and same situation....

tried making the move yourself??
    Hahaha, nice one.

ReputationRep:

2, I recommend 2, it's fun to Improve yourself and I'm sure (50% sure) that you'll meet someone in time.

But if you don't want to wait then try 3, just don't try tinder xD what about eharmony? Heard it's good. Good luck o/

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same boat as you! When I eas 23, I was an unkissed virgin guy with zero chances to find a girlfriend. One day I decided to change everything and I joined asian dating online . It worked for me! Have you tried online dating?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and have always been single too. I'm so tired of being ****ing lonely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and single, it doesn't really bother me to be honest, no one's ever been interested in me to even have a crush on me, I'm sure you'll find someone op, you just need to stay optimistic and put yourself or there

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.