Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have recently engaged in online negotiations with a seller over a reputable audio forum. The forum has its own sub forum for people to post ads etc. I have agreed to buy the headphones. They are rather expensive though (£390). Naturally I feel a bit unsettled but the seller has all positive feedback and seems very reputable. He has asked me how I would like to pay for headphones. What do I do? I'm instantly thinking that PayPal would be best. With some thought, I am tempted to ask him to post the headphones on eBay at an extortionate buy it now price 'or best offer' and accept my 'best offer' of £390. Then I get the protection of eBay too. Or is this too long winded? What do you think?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Paypal is a layer of protection. Ebay is another. It can't hurt as long as he is willing to do it. No harm there!

Depends how much £390 is to you. If you're a billionaire, then tell him you'll leave the money on a table at a pub for him to collect. If it is tour life savings then I would be really cautious.

ReputationRep:
    Just go through paypal goods and services. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Paypal is a layer of protection. Ebay is another. It can't hurt as long as he is willing to do it. No harm there!

Depends how much £390 is to you. If you're a billionaire, then tell him you'll leave the money on a table at a pub for him to collect. If it is tour life savings then I would be really cautious.
    ebay isnt great, i find amazon better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Hi there,

I have recently engaged in online negotiations with a seller over a reputable audio forum. The forum has its own sub forum for people to post ads etc. I have agreed to buy the headphones. They are rather expensive though (£390). Naturally I feel a bit unsettled but the seller has all positive feedback and seems very reputable. He has asked me how I would like to pay for headphones. What do I do? I'm instantly thinking that PayPal would be best. With some thought, I am tempted to ask him to post the headphones on eBay at an extortionate buy it now price 'or best offer' and accept my 'best offer' of £390. Then I get the protection of eBay too. Or is this too long winded? What do you think?
    Yes, you can use Paypal. So you can have protection too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Hi there,

Do you think you're the man or something with all your 100 UMS in Maths??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZackenIsA*****)
    Do you think you're the man or something with all your 100 UMS in Maths??
    yeh fam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.