Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help choosing which uni - Sheffield, Newcastle or Leeds? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have offers for AAB for these 3 universities - for Sheffield it's to do International Relations & Politics, for Leeds it's just International Relations and for Newcastle it's combined honours Geography & Politics

Sheffield is the best for the course, closely followed by Newcastle so a comparison between these two is probably the most relevant.

I'm predicted AAA so hopefully will make the grades. I wanted to be in a city, at a good uni. I visited them all and liked them all.

Can anyone offer any insight?

ReputationRep:
    Well looking at what you have said, Sheffield seems like the best one, it is the best uni for the course, it's in a city plus it's a really good uni with a good reputation, but if you are confused why don't you go visit the unis again and gain more information.

But I would say Sheffield, congrats on your offers and Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormiston)
    I have offers for AAB for these 3 universities - for Sheffield it's to do International Relations & Politics, for Leeds it's just International Relations and for Newcastle it's combined honours Geography & Politics

Sheffield is the best for the course, closely followed by Newcastle so a comparison between these two is probably the most relevant.

I'm predicted AAA so hopefully will make the grades. I wanted to be in a city, at a good uni. I visited them all and liked them all.

Can anyone offer any insight?
    As you've said they are all good city unis and whilst Sheffield may be the best for the course that doesn't mean you'd prefer it the most. So what you need to consider is the specific course content- which course do you prefer- obviously Geography and Politics is quite different to IR/IR & Pol so you need to know whether you want to do Geography or not. Then looking at specific modules offered. Then consider facilities- accomodation and whether you like each city.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.