Help choosing which uni - Sheffield, Newcastle or Leeds?

Watch this thread
ormiston
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have offers for AAB for these 3 universities - for Sheffield it's to do International Relations & Politics, for Leeds it's just International Relations and for Newcastle it's combined honours Geography & Politics

Sheffield is the best for the course, closely followed by Newcastle so a comparison between these two is probably the most relevant.

I'm predicted AAA so hopefully will make the grades. I wanted to be in a city, at a good uni. I visited them all and liked them all.

Can anyone offer any insight?
Sana_Akram
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Well looking at what you have said, Sheffield seems like the best one, it is the best uni for the course, it's in a city plus it's a really good uni with a good reputation, but if you are confused why don't you go visit the unis again and gain more information.

But I would say Sheffield, congrats on your offers and Good Luck
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ormiston)
I have offers for AAB for these 3 universities - for Sheffield it's to do International Relations & Politics, for Leeds it's just International Relations and for Newcastle it's combined honours Geography & Politics

Sheffield is the best for the course, closely followed by Newcastle so a comparison between these two is probably the most relevant.

I'm predicted AAA so hopefully will make the grades. I wanted to be in a city, at a good uni. I visited them all and liked them all.

Can anyone offer any insight?
As you've said they are all good city unis and whilst Sheffield may be the best for the course that doesn't mean you'd prefer it the most. So what you need to consider is the specific course content- which course do you prefer- obviously Geography and Politics is quite different to IR/IR & Pol so you need to know whether you want to do Geography or not. Then looking at specific modules offered. Then consider facilities- accomodation and whether you like each city.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (1)
50%
No (0)
0%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
50%

Watched Threads