The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University History

Anyone else applied to a history course at Edinburgh?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I applied for history and politics in december! still waiting.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by HarryLown

Me too, but I applied in October. Better find out by the end of the month!
Reply 3
Hey, I applied in October and got my offer exactly a week ago. Good luck to everyone.
Reply 4
Original post by ejkej
Hey, I applied in October and got my offer exactly a week ago. Good luck to everyone.

What were the conditions?
Reply 5
What were the conditions?

I'm doing the IB and my conditions are 39 overall and 666 from my HL subjects (also a 4 in Maths SL).
Reply 6
Well done! I applied in early december! Still waiting to hear back! But some people have far better grades than I do!
Original post by LucyMConnor
Anyone else applied to a history course at Edinburgh?

I've applied for History and Russian, received my offer on Friday!
Reply 8

Any replies about history and politics from Edinburgh?
Original post by HHPh
Any replies about history and politics from Edinburgh?

Yeah man, got rejected. Holding offers from LSE and Oxford so don't know what the hell you need to do to get into Edinburgh.
Reply 10
Original post by MouseyBrown
Yeah man, got rejected. Holding offers from LSE and Oxford so don't know what the hell you need to do to get into Edinburgh.

Sorry to hear that. You are literally the only person who seems to of heard anything- how can they keep us waiting this long? I applied in October!!!! This is my top choice and I have had enough of waiting on the edge of my seat. If you hear of anyone else getting a reply please say so. Thanks.
Reply 11
Hi! I applied in October and received an offer on 26th February for straight history! AAB conditions! Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HHPh
Sorry to hear that. You are literally the only person who seems to of heard anything- how can they keep us waiting this long? I applied in October!!!! This is my top choice and I have had enough of waiting on the edge of my seat. If you hear of anyone else getting a reply please say so. Thanks.

Literally the same for me! Been waiting since early november and its my first choice bit worried :/ because everyone else is choosing their firm.
Reply 13
Ive applied for history in November and still waiting. Really want to know before the end of the month so i can choose firm!
Original post by \Jill98/
Hi! I applied in October and received an offer on 26th February for straight history! AAB conditions! Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Are you going to firm Edinburgh? I want to but I'm too scared to press the button! 🙈
Reply 15
Original post by AmyMarrianne
Me too! Are you going to firm Edinburgh? I want to but I'm too scared to press the button! 🙈

I think I'm going to insure Edinburgh! I know exactly how you feel haha. My parents want me to firm and insure already but I'm pretty nervous to do so. Seems so final! Any idea which accommodation you would apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm going to insure Edinburgh! I know exactly how you feel haha. My parents want me to firm and insure already but I'm pretty nervous to do so. Seems so final! Any idea which accommodation you would apply for?

Ah so where are you going to firm? I managed to do it today, but it's awful realising that I can't change my mind! I'm thinking self-catered, probably Kincaids Court or Robertson's Close, how about you?
Reply 17
Original post by AmyMarrianne
Ah so where are you going to firm? I managed to do it today, but it's awful realising that I can't change my mind! I'm thinking self-catered, probably Kincaids Court or Robertson's Close, how about you?

Hopefully Oxford - just kinda nervous to do so! Haha well done, I think I might try to firm and insure tonight. Where is your insurance? Ah ok sounds good! Not completely sure yet, but possibly catered Pollock Halls!
Hopefully Oxford - just kinda nervous to do so! Haha well done, I think I might try to firm and insure tonight. Where is your insurance? Ah ok sounds good! Not completely sure yet, but possibly catered Pollock Halls!

Aw well done for Oxford that's amazing! Yeah just do it! I put Royal Holloway as my insurance, but hopefully I'll manage to get the grades for Edinburgh!! Ah yeah they do look nice to live in, they are in a good area too :smile: good luck for Oxford!!!
Original post by JimJam456
Hi, I got an offer in Feb, AAB, and just put it in as my firm. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Me too!

Quick Reply

Latest