Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    Thanks and I failed turn in the road got me, kept stalling so examiner had to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm sorry to hear you failed. I failed on the turn in the road as well 😭 my mind went blank and the examiner tried to give me hints bless her, but I just couldn't do it. At least you know what the test is like now. It's good you booked your second one now because waiting time at test centres is ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Roundabouts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Thank you!

Yeah same here got mine in sad circumstances though ;(. It's a great little car though .
    You're welcome

Aw. Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkx)
    Oh I'm sorry to hear you failed. I failed on the turn in the road as well 😭 my mind went blank and the examiner tried to give me hints bless her, but I just couldn't do it. At least you know what the test is like now. It's good you booked your second one now because waiting time at test centres is ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. Aw bless you 😭 yeah that pretty much what happened to me after I got all nervous/flustery when I first stalled 😭 so annoyed with myself and as soon as the examiner had to help I knew I failed -.-

Yeah exactly ! Yeah got lucky I there with the date of my next one yeah exactly as I noticed on another test centre their next available test is in November which makes me glad that the test centre I used for yesterday's test and next months test is literally 15/20 mins away from where I live

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Aw bless you 😭 yeah that pretty much what happened to me after I got all nervous/flustery when I first stalled 😭 so annoyed with myself and as soon as the examiner had to help I knew I failed -.-

Yeah exactly ! Yeah got lucky I there with the date of my next one yeah exactly as I noticed on another test centre their next available test is in November which makes me glad that the test centre I used for yesterday's test and next months test is literally 15/20 mins away from where I live

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The examiner didn't even help me when I couldn't do it 😭 she told me to leave the manoeuvre and carry on driving haha.

That's really good, I think my test centre has a 2 month waiting time, so if I fail second time around (which is soon omg) when I get home I'm booking the next available date asap!

What did your examiner say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkx)
    The examiner didn't even help me when I couldn't do it 😭 she told me to leave the manoeuvre and carry on driving haha.

That's really good, I think my test centre has a 2 month waiting time, so if I fail second time around (which is soon omg) when I get home I'm booking the next available date asap!

What did your examiner say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no 😬 haha fair enough lol

Yeah. Oh wow, it's crazy how long some of these test centres make you wait unless a cancellation comes up aw hope you pass the second time round

At the end of the test the examiner was like oh sorry you failed and then my instructor came over and listened in on where I went wrong with the turn in the road and basically he just mentioned on one of the minors I got the car went beep beep beep which meant the hand break wasn't fully down I looked down and realised and the car slightly swerved (which is the minor I got) which tbf I have to admit there he's not wrong there 😶 and during the manoeuvre he was just like oh I think I'm gonna have to help you 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    You're welcome

Aw. Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Thanks
    You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no 😬 haha fair enough lol

Yeah. Oh wow, it's crazy how long some of these test centres make you wait unless a cancellation comes up aw hope you pass the second time round

At the end of the test the examiner was like oh sorry you failed and then my instructor came over and listened in on where I went wrong with the turn in the road and basically he just mentioned on one of the minors I got the car went beep beep beep which meant the hand break wasn't fully down I looked down and realised and the car slightly swerved (which is the minor I got) which tbf I have to admit there he's not wrong there 😶 and during the manoeuvre he was just like oh I think I'm gonna have to help you 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see, seems like you had a nice examiner then.

Thanks, I hope I do too. But if I don't, I'm not gonna beat myself up over it like I did after my first test. I'm just going to take my time, and if that means I have to take 5 or more tests, then so be it! I have a lesson at 3pm for 2 hours which will be spent doing manoeuvres 😭still haven't mastered any of them perfectly 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkx)
    Oh I see, seems like you had a nice examiner then.

Thanks, I hope I do too. But if I don't, I'm not gonna beat myself up over it like I did after my first test. I'm just going to take my time, and if that means I have to take 5 or more tests, then so be it! I have a lesson at 3pm for 2 hours which will be spent doing manoeuvres 😭still haven't mastered any of them perfectly 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah

You're welcome fair enough ! Ah well at least you'll get some practice in then 🙂 don't worry, I feel like I haven't perfected reverse into a parking space, probably just me being me and being paranoid about it haha 😛 I have a lesson late Monday afternoon, so I'll just be going over where I went wrong in my test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

You're welcome fair enough ! Ah well at least you'll get some practice in then 🙂 don't worry, I feel like I haven't perfected reverse into a parking space, probably just me being me and being paranoid about it haha 😛 I have a lesson late Monday afternoon, so I'll just be going over where I went wrong in my test

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just back from a lesson now and omg everything went wrong 😭. I wasn't checking my mirrors, kept going to the other side...couldn't do the manoeuvres, it was probably the worst lesson. My test is tomorrow and my instructor said he will be coming about 40mins before it for a lesson which is not great. He even forgot I have it tomorrow 😱.

So after that lesson I'm now even more nervous and just feel I'm going to fail,I can't shake that feeling off 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkx)
    Just back from a lesson now and omg everything went wrong 😭. I wasn't checking my mirrors, kept going to the other side...couldn't do the manoeuvres, it was probably the worst lesson. My test is tomorrow and my instructor said he will be coming about 40mins before it for a lesson which is not great. He even forgot I have it tomorrow 😱.

So after that lesson I'm now even more nervous and just feel I'm going to fail,I can't shake that feeling off 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw that's not good 🙁

Maybe it's just the nerves that are getting to you. I'm sure you'll be fine for tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's not good 🙁

Maybe it's just the nerves that are getting to you. I'm sure you'll be fine for tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really doubt it. There'll have to be a miracle for me to pass. I'm not confident with the manoeuvres which is obviously a huge part of the test 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkx)
    I really doubt it. There'll have to be a miracle for me to pass. I'm not confident with the manoeuvres which is obviously a huge part of the test 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw I'm sure it'll be fine, think it's just the nerves 🙂 and if the worst comes to the worst and you don't pass, your instructor can always focus on the manoeuvres until you pass

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw I'm sure it'll be fine, think it's just the nerves 🙂 and if the worst comes to the worst and you don't pass, your instructor can always focus on the manoeuvres until you pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I'm trying my best not to think about failing but I can't shake the feeling off.

Atm I'm just going through the show me tell me questions, and then will watch some YouTube videos on the manoeuvres.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbMazingX)
    Slow drivers on the road....When I was a learner other people were going slower than me.... what's that all about.
    Lol, I think I can safely say that I never had that experience. :teehee:

For me it was definitely feeling panicked by big lorries or vans, especially when they are right behind you (still feel perturbed by this) and also the behaviour of some (mainly male) drivers when they are very aggressive, demanding you get out of the way, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkx)
    Thanks I'm trying my best not to think about failing but I can't shake the feeling off.

Atm I'm just going through the show me tell me questions, and then will watch some YouTube videos on the manoeuvres.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome 🙂 aw fair enough

Yeah suppose that's the best thing to do if you're worried about manoeuvres, checking out the YouTube clips and that's what I did too - gone through the show me tell me questions, even my instructor went through with them me yesterday before I had a lesson and just before we went into the test centre car park

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Lol, I think I can safely say that I never had that experience. :teehee:

For me it was definitely feeling panicked by big lorries or vans, especially when they are right behind you (still feel perturbed by this) and also the behaviour of some (mainly male) drivers when they are very aggressive, demanding you get out of the way, etc.
    I really hate aggressive drivers. Last week I had a guy when I was half way through doing a manoeuvre beep as he was driving by. The idiot had plenty of room to go by and I obviously checked before moving and he was not behind me at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome 🙂 aw fair enough

Yeah suppose that's the best thing to do if you're worried about manoeuvres, checking out the YouTube clips and that's what I did too - gone through the show me tell me questions, even my instructor went through with them me yesterday before I had a lesson and just before we went into the test centre car park

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not too fussed with those questions because it's only one minor.

Yeah I like the videos from the channel World Driving. I wish he was my instructor!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I'm 16 atm, and I'll be starting to learn to drive when I'm 17. The thing is that I have never actually driven a car before, the closest I have got is steering on my dads lap lol. I'm away on holiday for pretty much the rest of the summer, and I'm 17 in september, so most likely the first time I will ever sit in a car will be on my first driving lesson. Should I learn a bit with my dad before and delay my lessons, or is this a normal situation to be in? Also what happens in the first few lessons, because I think I will faint if I have to start driving straight away lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.