Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have my test in 13 days, I've never been so nervous in my whole entire life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanj0nes)
    I have my test in 13 days, I've never been so nervous in my whole entire life!
    I've got mine next week Wednesday (it's my 2nd attempt ) but I'm sure you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You get used to it all eventually. The key thing to remember is not to freak out when you stall. Because if you do, ironically, you'll keep stalling after that. Just remember, take a deep breath, put your foot on the brake and the other you bring the clutch up to the bite with. When its time to go, take your foot of the brake and give the car a lil gas and you'll do fine. The key to driving is remaining calm, as long as you do that, everything else will come naturally! :console:

ReputationRep:
    If I fail, I know it'll be for either hesitation or not looking in my mirrors often enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanj0nes)
    If I fail, I know it'll be for either hesitation or not looking in my mirrors often enough!
    How many hours of lessons have you had?

ReputationRep:
    I passed my driving test a few years ago but hadn't driven since, so clutch control was a bit of an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    How many hours of lessons have you had?
    Well, I've had about 20 lessons. My driving instructor thinks I'm a very good driver and have picked it up very quickly, but it's just my confidence and I doubt myself. Which is true. When I'm driving and it is quiet on the road I drive perfectly, I use my mirrors a lot more. But I feel under pressure when there are cars around. I've had a few incidents where cars have literally pulled out in front of me and being absolute drips.

I really do want to pass in 13 days but it's just my confidence.

ReputationRep:
    So had a lesson today, like literally today's lesson was one of those lessons where I'd make stupid mistakes -.- think the reason behind it is because of my 2nd attempt of my practical test is next week, so hopefully these silly mistakes are out of my system for next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    So had a lesson today, like literally today's lesson was one of those lessons where I'd make stupid mistakes -.- think the reason behind it is because of my 2nd attempt of my practical test is next week, so hopefully these silly mistakes are out of my system for next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many lessons did you have before you booked your practical test?

I feel like I can't cope with anything when driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I feel like I can't cope with anything when driving.
    I get overwhelmed sometimes, especially when multitasking

I get overwhelmed sometimes, especially when multitasking
    Omg same here

The struggle is real

ReputationRep:
    How many lessons did you have before you booked your practical test?
    I can't remember now sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Omg same here

The struggle is real
    How many lessons have you had ?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember now sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay, because I've had 6 lessons (12hrs) and my instructor asked if I had a test booked but I thought it was too early until he said that the next available dates aren't until November so now I'm unsure

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, because I've had 6 lessons (12hrs) and my instructor asked if I had a test booked but I thought it was too early until he said that the next available dates aren't until November so now I'm unsure
    Ah ok, have you done your theory yet? And maybe your instructor thinks you're ready for a practical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here plus it was at 7:30am :/

Just hoping I pass my next one on the 10th, just before i start my Masters as it would make my life so much easier - then again I don't have £1000 for the extra insurance haha

Plus I can't drive my own car atm, as the window screen wiper linkage is broken so will fly off if it rains :/ need to get it fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, have you done your theory yet? And maybe your instructor thinks you're ready for a practical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did my theory a couple of months ago, and I don't know about that. Yesterday's lesson was the first time I've drove myself home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Same here plus it was at 7:30am :/

Just hoping I pass my next one on the 10th, just before i start my Masters as it would make my life so much easier - then again I don't have £1000 for the extra insurance haha

Plus I can't drive my own car atm, as the window screen wiper linkage is broken so will fly off if it rains :/ need to get it fixed.
    Aw bless.

Yeah same, I'm hoping to pass next week. Haven't got a car yet, been looking on and off so hoping it's a straight up pass so I don't have to worry about paying for more lessons and then my main focus would be then to get a car of my own

Ah no, that's annoying. Hope you get it sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did my theory a couple of months ago, and I don't know about that. Yesterday's lesson was the first time I've drove myself home
    Fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.