Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Myum passed her theory! 44/50 for the questions and 61/75 for HP she bet me on the HP part by three points and got the exact same as me on the questions

Knew she'd pass this time around :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Had a good lesson. I've done 21 hours now and have covered everything. It's just a matter of gaining confidence. My big thing now is anticipating, a bus pulled out so quickly in front of me I nearly hit it, oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    My mum passed her theory! 44/50 for the questions and 61/75 for HP she bet me on the HP part by three points and got the exact same as me on the questions

Knew she'd pass this time around :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh well done to your mum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Had a good lesson. I've done 21 hours now and have covered everything. It's just a matter of gaining confidence. My big thing now is anticipating, a bus pulled out so quickly in front of me I nearly hit it, oops
    That's good, ah typical bus drivers -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I had a lesson today, which went ok got my test early next month, but my instructor wants me to try and get a cancellation for the 29th of this month for my test as he's getting a new car on the 30th as he's wanting me to do the test in the current car, kinda proving difficult as there's a couple of slots before the 29th but as I've been told there's a load of people with tests before the 29th that he's teaching I can't really have it any earlier :/ oh well guess I have to either hope someone who has a test on the 29th cancels so I can take a slot that day or have my test next month and get used to the new car and my test is literally 5 days after my instructor gets his new car so hopefully if I can't get a test for the 29th I get used to the new car before the test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had a lesson today. This marks my 23rd hour and also marks the first lesson that I didn't stall..I just did everything else wrong lol. Was forgetting my left from right, forgetting to signal at roundabouts, trying move off with the handbrake on, mucking up the manoeuvres (except turn in the road) oh and speeding on fast roads and going too slow on slower roads I was honestly so surprised when my instructor said that the lesson went well, yeah right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I have had 10 already?

You?
    How are your lessons going?

ReputationRep:
    I've only just started practical lessons (passed theory in June). Spent the first lesson learning about car controls and stopping and starting. 2nd and most recent lesson was left turns in a quiet road. I did well, my only issue so far would be braking too soon before emerging at junctions and so I can't see oncoming vehicles because I'm too far behind, lol. Also stalled a few times, as my instructor taught me to use the clutch to move at slow speeds and I'd apply the brake at the same time before turning and I think I'd release the clutch too soon so I stall.
    He also had me going into 2nd gear which was fine except I had to look down to see where it was. I tried to do it once without looking and ended up in 4th gear, lol!
    Other than that, I'd say I'm doing pretty well having only had one real lesson. (2hr session on Friday following a 1hr starter session sometime last week) I have 4 hours next week (2x2 hour lessons)
    Wow, this feels like just yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Avoiding the tempetation of trying to run someone over

ReputationRep:
    Had a lesson today. This marks my 23rd hour and also marks the first lesson that I didn't stall..I just did everything else wrong lol. Was forgetting my left from right, forgetting to signal at roundabouts, trying move off with the handbrake on, mucking up the manoeuvres (except turn in the road) oh and speeding on fast roads and going too slow on slower roads I was honestly so surprised when my instructor said that the lesson went well, yeah right!
    Lol aw bless, you'll get there in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    Lol aw bless, you'll get there in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope so! I really wanna do my practical by December.
    How many hours have you done?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'm about to start driving lessons again after about a year out thanks to health and I'm so nervous. My instructor used to tell me where to go, and I'd just forget instantly. I'd start going around a roundabout and I'd just have completely forgotten which exit I was taking haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I'm about to start driving lessons again after about a year out thanks to health and I'm so nervous. My instructor used to tell me where to go, and I'd just forget instantly. I'd start going around a roundabout and I'd just have completely forgotten which exit I was taking haha
    This is my issue too. He told me to take the 4th exit about 6 times and I still managed to take the 2nd

ReputationRep:
    Hope so! I really wanna do my practical by December.
    How many hours have you done?
    Fair enough

I've done too many hours -.- had 2 practical tests and failed got my 3rd one next month so fingers crossed I pass 3rd time

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I just had my second lesson and he planned so much for me! I never thought I'd be doing huge roundabouts on my second lesson and I only stalled once!
    I don't seem to be experiencing any problems right now except for the fact that I brake too hard and I hate push/pull steering so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttski)
    I just had my second lesson and he planned so much for me! I never thought I'd be doing huge roundabouts on my second lesson and I only stalled once!
    I don't seem to be experiencing any problems right now except for the fact that I brake too hard and I hate push/pull steering so much.
    I wouldn't believe if someone said that they didn't do that on their first few lessons.
    I had 13 hours and still sometimes brake too hard.
    It's still your second lesson, so don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttski)
    That's good progress. On my second lesson, I was still doing left and right turns in a quiet road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    Fair enough

I've done too many hours -.- had 2 practical tests and failed got my 3rd one next month so fingers crossed I pass 3rd time

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah good luck with your test! I'm sure you'll pass this time round.

I haven't got a test booked at the moment but I have been keeping an eye on available dates. I'm going back up to uni next week so I'll be resuming lessons there with the same company. Im hoping that I won't need more than 45hrs since I don't get any private practice. I've done 23 so far

ReputationRep:
    Ah good luck with your test! I'm sure you'll pass this time round.

I haven't got a test booked at the moment but I have been keeping an eye on available dates. I'm going back up to uni next week so I'll be resuming lessons there with the same company. Im hoping that I won't need more than 45hrs since I don't get any private practice. I've done 23 so far
    Thanks

Ah fair enough, hopefully your instructor will think you're ready sooner than 45 hours and let you book your test

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are your lessons going?
    Terrible.

I changed to automatic now and find it a lot easier.

Hopefully if i pass everything by January then i will switch back to manual.

Thanks for asking and how about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.