Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzconnorx)
    Anyone else struggle with parallel park?

I just can't do it
    See I can parallel park, but I can't bay park to save my life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDetermined)
    Thanks guys I guess taking 3 goes is really common!
    Guess so

If it makes you feel any better, it took my mum 5 attempts at her practical, and she's been driving for around 30 years now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanj0nes)
    See I can parallel park, but I can't bay park to save my life!!
    I struggled with bay park when I was learning :lol: then my instructor found another way for me to do it, and I've been able to do it since then though tbf I hardly reverse into a parking space at a car park, I only really reverse into the driveway at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    My theory is tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    My theory is tomorrow!
    Good luck! Let's us know how you get on!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Good luck! Let's us know how you get on!
    Thank you, will do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    I struggled with bay park when I was learning :lol: then my instructor found another way for me to do it, and I've been able to do it since then though tbf I hardly reverse into a parking space at a car park, I only really reverse into the driveway at home
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I'm doing the last 2.5 hours of my pass plus today, and I was mentioning how I can't bay park to save my life and he said he'll show me! I really wish I had him as my learner instructor! I think I would've learnt so much more from him!

ReputationRep:
    Guess so

If it makes you feel any better, it took my mum 5 attempts at her practical, and she's been driving for around 30 years now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess there's hope for me lol. I've probably only got time for another 2 attemps now. I'm moving away for university in September, to an area I don't know at all. I've rebooked it but earliest I could get is July, going to keep looking for cancellations though. In theory, I could continue at uni if money allows, but then it's getting used to a new car, instructor and a new city which is tough. If I don't pass before September I'll have to consider doing it though, otherwise all the time and money I'm putting in now will be a waste!

ReputationRep:
    I guess there's hope for me lol. I've probably only got time for another 2 attemps now. I'm moving away for university in September, to an area I don't know at all. I've rebooked it but earliest I could get is July, going to keep looking for cancellations though. In theory, I could continue at uni if money allows, but then it's getting used to a new car, instructor and a new city which is tough. If I don't pass before September I'll have to consider doing it though, otherwise all the time and money I'm putting in now will be a waste!
    I starting learning last summer in my hometown, then continued learning when I went to uni in September. I actually preferred my 2nd instructors car, the pedals weren't at sensitive as the other car I'd been driving. Also, he taught me a much easier way to complete manouveres so it may work in your favour. I hope you pass before you go to uni though, as it'll be one less thing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I starting learning last summer in my hometown, then continued learning when I went to uni in September. I actually preferred my 2nd instructors car, the pedals weren't at sensitive as the other car I'd been driving. Also, he taught me a much easier way to complete manouveres so it may work in your favour. I hope you pass before you go to uni though, as it'll be one less thing to worry about
    Yeah true. I guess I'm putting pressure on myself to pass before then. I could always start as soon as I move and then spend a month or 2 just going over things in the new car and learning the local routes. I'll be working part time at uni so hopefully that'll cover the costs.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Passed my theory, thank God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Yay well done!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Yay well done!
    Thanks, just about passed it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm doing the last 2.5 hours of my pass plus today, and I was mentioning how I can't bay park to save my life and he said he'll show me! I really wish I had him as my learner instructor! I think I would've learnt so much more from him!
    Ah that's good, fair enough

Sounds like he's a decent instructor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw. Well hopefully you'll get a cancellation and you'll get lucky and pass before going to uni in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw. Well hopefully you'll get a cancellation and you'll get lucky and pass before going to uni in September

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hiya guys, long time no post

Thinking of going back to driving soon my wedding is all paid off now and my mum and gran have offered to pay for lessons here and there so I'm going to start looking up instructors. I need to pass asap, preferably by the end of the year as my papa now has dialysis at hospital 3 times a week instead of at home now and my stepdad might not be able to drive much longer so its up to me and my mum to finally learn to drive least we've both passed our theories, just need to do the practical now I've got until March next year to pass before my theory runs out
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by S2M)
    Well done
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Well done
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Hiya guys, long time no post

Thinking of going back to driving soon my wedding is all paid off now and my mum and gran have offered to pay for lessons here and there so I'm going to start looking up instructors. I need to pass asap, preferably by the end of the year as my papa now has dialysis at hospital 3 times a week instead of at home now and my stepdad might not be able to drive much longer so its up to me and my mum to finally learn to drive least we've both passed our theories, just need to do the practical now I've got until March next year to pass before my theory runs out
    You've got a while before the theory runs out, should be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.