Turn on thread page Beta

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    On the test myself I was focusing more on the people to see if they were real than clicking lmao
    I was the exact same! :laugh: I thought I had failed the question part so thought the HP was pointless so spent most of my time working out if they were actually that creepy in real life or made up. Thankfully they are made up

Don't you have your practical test soon? How's your lessons going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Roundabouts and making it obvious I'm looking at mirrors...

Small ones I'm fine with, its just the big ones like the ones where I'm entering the big town and off the motorway junction one that i just mess up :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I was the exact same! :laugh: I thought I had failed the question part so thought the HP was pointless so spent most of my time working out if they were actually that creepy in real life or made up. Thankfully they are made up

Don't you have your practical test soon? How's your lessons going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1st june! nervous cuz ive got uni exams this month too and trying to focus on everything is a bit crazy, plus my instructors been having problems... so hopefully I can fit in my lessons, I'm done with everything, just need to perfect manouvres and so on!

ReputationRep:
    Had to change my driving test back to the original date in August. My driving instructor is away on the first week of July on holiday. I was sure she said it was the last week in July ah well, at least the test is all booked up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had to change my driving test back to the original date in August. My driving instructor is away on the first week of July on holiday. I was sure she said it was the last week in July ah well, at least the test is all booked up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah well, at least you've got a date to work towards to my test is in August too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    Ah well, at least you've got a date to work towards to my test is in August too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mine is close =[ dreading it, esp since its the first time lol

ReputationRep:
    mine is close =[ dreading it, esp since its the first time lol
    Aww I'm sure you'll be fine hope you do well
    My test in August is first time for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww I'm sure you'll be fine hope you do well
    My test in August is first time for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha you'll also be fine! just gotta get uni exams and stuff outta the way too!

ReputationRep:
    haha you'll also be fine! just gotta get uni exams and stuff outta the way too!
    Hehe thanks ! Yeah exactly, just need to get uni work out of the way then that's one less thing to stress about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I made a tweet about booking my driving test and the official Vauxhall page left me a cat themed reply :laugh: made my day shame I have a Suzuki

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I made a tweet about booking my driving test and the official Vauxhall page left me a cat themed reply :laugh: made my day shame I have a Suzuki

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's awesome! I wish more pages were like that.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh brilliant!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my test in a fortnight, absolutely bricking it my instructor says that I'm a 'bit dithery' at roundabouts, understatement of the year :')
    Good luck with your tests!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lharrisonx)
    Got my test in a fortnight, absolutely bricking it my instructor says that I'm a 'bit dithery' at roundabouts, understatement of the year :')
    Aw good luck hope you do well & pass!
    Thanks can't wait till August when I do my test, just want to get it over and done with and get my licence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lharrisonx)
    Good luck with your test and be sure yo let us know how you get on

I'm ditzy too, not just at roundabouts so don't worry about it :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manoeuvres such as reverse around corner and parallel/bay park plus approaching junctions where the lanes are more confusing. Judgement/concentration basically.

ReputationRep:
    Aw good luck hope you do well & pass!
    Thanks can't wait till August when I do my test, just want to get it over and done with and get my licence

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too, I really want it by June basically ends haha
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Had a bit of a moment when doing a turn in a road around a s shape bend for the first time when it was tipping it down with rain. She was very harsh on me today because I keep making the same mistakes recently and I'm struggling to fix them. So she figured that as I've told her in the past I need pushing a lot sometimes she's probably thought this could be one of those times.

We've come to the conclusion that I'm at that stupid stage that everyone gets to when they're near test standard, ive stayed the same standard for the last month or so now and I'm struggling to get past it.

Anyone else feel this way at the moment? Not really sure how to push past this stupid "stuck" stage

ReputationRep:
    Me too, I really want it by June basically ends haha
    Haha fair enough fed up of relying on public transport/other people to get around haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Had a bit of a moment when doing a turn in a road around a s shape bend for the first time when it was tipping it down with rain. She was very harsh on me today because I keep making the same mistakes recently and I'm struggling to fix them. So she figured that as I've told her in the past I need pushing a lot sometimes she's probably thought this could be one of those times.

We've come to the conclusion that I'm at that stupid stage that everyone gets to when they're near test standard, ive stayed the same standard for the last month or so now and I'm struggling to get past it.

Anyone else feel this way at the moment? Not really sure how to push past this stupid "stuck" stage
    Yeah I've been having stupid moments when doing manoeuvres :/ like yesterday when doing parallel park, can normally do it fine but was being stupid -.- and with bay park too 😁😬🤔🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.