Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For starters, I'm stuck between two choices. This one and a similar one at another university. The other one seems to be more diverse and offers more variety including digital media, photography and radio. I was just wondering if you get to experience any of those on this course, other than radio obviously and if the course is enjoyable all round?

I'd much rather live here than at the other uni, but I don't want a limited course to limit my chance at work in the media industry.
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    Hi Thom.s,

We've spoken to one of our Film and Media Production students, Victoria, who said the course is definitely worthwhile if you're willing to put the time and effort in to gaining wider experience outside of the course, which will help your learning. The course features directing, producing, cinematography, sound, editing, web design, analysis, screen writing and set design. There's also a Hallam radio station and student magazine you could get involved with. Victoria said "Hallam has given me tons of opportunities through the course, which my friends doing the same course at other unis have not got. There are tons of photography,editing and film things that you can get involed in which have concluded in paid work for me."

One of my friends who graduated from the Film and Media Production course in 2012 gained so much experience from it and has since worked on films with Steven Spielberg and also works on Celebrity Juice. She's gone really far thanks to the course and her additional experience outside of lectures.

We imagine you've looked at the course information on our online prospectus, but thought you might be interested in looking at our graduate profiles, student videos and a further look at the work undertaken in your second and third years at the bottom of the course page here which should help with your decision.

Any further questions, let me know

(Official Hallam rep)
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.