The Student Room Group

I'm running out of time! Advice please??

I'm studying A2 Maths (AQA), French (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel) this year, along with resitting all my AS Maths Modules and AS Biology modules from last year.

It's a lot of work, and I've had 2 lots of coursework (I'm bad at that so it was time consuming...) and now it's March, I have 1-2 months before my exams, and I'm SO behind!!!! I haven't finished my A2 Maths, I've only just finished reading the A2 Biology, and I haven't even started revising the AS work for either!!!

I'm panicking...I'm running out of time! I don't know where to start either, as I have my French oral in a month which I'm also crash revising for because there's literature to read for it!

Advice please? I'm so overwhelmed but I'm trying so hard for As/A*s :frown:

Thanks...
Original post by sophzhr
I'm studying A2 Maths (AQA), French (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel) this year, along with resitting all my AS Maths Modules and AS Biology modules from last year.

It's a lot of work, and I've had 2 lots of coursework (I'm bad at that so it was time consuming...) and now it's March, I have 1-2 months before my exams, and I'm SO behind!!!! I haven't finished my A2 Maths, I've only just finished reading the A2 Biology, and I haven't even started revising the AS work for either!!!

I'm panicking...I'm running out of time! I don't know where to start either, as I have my French oral in a month which I'm also crash revising for because there's literature to read for it!

Advice please? I'm so overwhelmed but I'm trying so hard for As/A*s :frown:

Thanks...

Take a breath. Break all the work you have to do down. Consider the amount of the time you have left and set up a realistic goal that you will need to achieve and maintain each day. I tend to advise not to be very restrictive and ascribe particular times, but just make sure that if you've got to get some C4 done, for example, you do it on that day.

The worst thing you can do now is open up your textbooks and try to soak up a tonne of information. Our brains are not machines - they have capacities and limits before they start going slightly insane! Just do the best you can do with the time you have now. Forget about what you could have done, because that will just reduce any of the time you have now; focus on what you can do now and do as much as you can (that is, within your functioning limits).

Don't overwhelm yourself. Take it bit by bit. Try to make sure you understand the concepts and avoid pure memorisation. Sometimes it is good to consider the bigger picture when looking at topics, before zooming in on the micro-details. Practice with question papers and just, as I said before, take it as it comes.

Hope it works out for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kingaaran
Take a breath. Break all the work you have to do down. Consider the amount of the time you have left and set up a realistic goal that you will need to achieve and maintain each day. I tend to advise not to be very restrictive and ascribe particular times, but just make sure that if you've got to get some C4 done, for example, you do it on that day.

The worst thing you can do now is open up your textbooks and try to soak up a tonne of information. Our brains are not machines - they have capacities and limits before they start going slightly insane! Just do the best you can do with the time you have now. Forget about what you could have done, because that will just reduce any of the time you have now; focus on what you can do now and do as much as you can (that is, within your functioning limits).

Don't overwhelm yourself. Take it bit by bit. Try to make sure you understand the concepts and avoid pure memorisation. Sometimes it is good to consider the bigger picture when looking at topics, before zooming in on the micro-details. Practice with question papers and just, as I said before, take it as it comes.

Hope it works out for you :smile:

Thank you! Your reply helped calm me down, I appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest