Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm asking for advice on how I can get more comfortable with being in close vicinity or contact with girls. I've never dated and feel really uncomfortable when I am close to a girl who I am not already good friends with.

(Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    Hello,
    I'm asking for advice on how I can get more comfortable with being in close vicinity or contact with girls. I've never dated and feel really uncomfortable when I am close to a girl who I am not already good friends with.
    Its just a matter of finding the right girl in my opinion. There is no point in you going for a super confident, outgoing girl when you yourself are very shy and introverted. You need to find someone who you can connect with, someone who you feel comfortable with and someone who feels comfortable with you, that way you two will get along just fine.

I was the same, lots of girls I liked were very outgoing and confident but myself was very shy, nervous and inexperienced around girls. But then I found my current girlfriend who was 'kinda' the same? Very understanding of my inexperience and is comfortable with me, as am I with her. Its been great so far.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Stop using the word vicinity, space is perfectly fine. Just ask NASA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its just a matter of finding the right girl in my opinion. There is no point in you going for a super confident, outgoing girl when you yourself are very shy and introverted. You need to find someone who you can connect with, someone who you feel comfortable with and someone who feels comfortable with you, that way you two will get along just fine.

I was the same, lots of girls I liked were very outgoing and confident but myself was very shy, nervous and inexperienced around girls. But then I found my current girlfriend who was 'kinda' the same? Very understanding of my inexperience and is comfortable with me, as am I with her. Its been great so far.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks. Not quite what I meant but that's completley down to my post
    I never go for any girl as I don't have the confidence to talk to anyone that I find attractive.

Thanks. Not quite what I meant but that's completley down to my post
    I never go for any girl as I don't have the confidence to talk to anyone that I find attractive.
    Ooooohh I think I understand you now. The only thing I can think of is to just be around girls, throw yourself in the deep end so to speak.
    Just talk to girls how you would talk to your guy friends, but remember its a girl you're talking to so some guy-to-guy topics might be a no go

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Try to build up the conversation gradually. Make her laugh , and be yourself

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.