The Student Room Group

Had A Really Bad Day At Work

I work in a burrito shop, I dropped a container of guacamole.... now my boss isn't gonna pay me for the day : (
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
How big/expensive a container are we talking?

First of all, I wouldn't just accept your boss saying that. Does your contract mention the company recouping cost from your salary and how is it decided what amount should be deducted? He/she shouldn't be able to just make snap decisions like that, and if they are, they should at least have the respectability to go about keeping back salary properly and working out the actual cost of 'damages to the company.' Even then, really, a jar of guacamole? Recouping the cost of that is honestly pathetic. Unless the guacamole was made out of platinum then your boss is being unkind to charge you for what I assume to be a genuine accident.

Secondly, I'm extremely sorry this is making you feel crappy. I hope it all resolves itself in the end.

If you don't mind me asking- what is the rest of your job like? I'm just wondering if perhaps your boss takes too much advantage of employees or isn't fair a lot of the time.
That doesn't sound legal, if it really did happen.
Whaaaaaaaat?!?!? Sure that is not legit???
I can see why this is posted in the mental health section.

Cus that **** would drive me insane too.
Original post by Supersaps
I can see why this is posted in the mental health section.

Cus that **** would drive me insane too.

Ahaha yh it really piss me off...but today my manager said the boss wouldnt.....just was pissd but damn....he really piss me off.....from 9-5 ther ar 4 people workin....then from 5-11 its just me....it gets soooo boring andlonely.... i give so many customers free stuff especially on friday night: )......

Posted from TSR Mobile
The rest of my job sucks.....literally allmy shifts is me alone in the shop....where i have to do prep work ,serve customers , till work, clean....really boring.....on sundays i spend all day peeling onions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest