hpblcparaboloid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

So at the moment I've chosen:
Maths and Further Maths as one option (so you get half as much time as two separate A levels)
German
Biology
Chemistry
Pre-U GPR

I don't know if this is going to be too much work, I'm really scared that I won't be able to cope. Maths is my favourite subject, so I think I'll probably have a career is maths. German is also one of my favourites and I might work in Germany when I'm older. I speak Afrikaans which is very similar to German so I find it easier to learn than most people in my class. Biology I love and am thinking that biology and chemistry are my backups if I want a science degree. This is what GCSE grades I'm predicted:
Maths A*
Further Maths A**
German A*
Biology A
Chemistry A

Do you think this is going to be too much work??? I need help urgently please

Thanks,
Annemarie
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AnnemarieV)
Hi,

So at the moment I've chosen:
Maths and Further Maths as one option (so you get half as much time as two separate A levels)
German
Biology
Chemistry
Pre-U GPR

I don't know if this is going to be too much work, I'm really scared that I won't be able to cope. Maths is my favourite subject, so I think I'll probably have a career is maths. German is also one of my favourites and I might work in Germany when I'm older. I speak Afrikaans which is very similar to German so I find it easier to learn than most people in my class. Biology I love and am thinking that biology and chemistry are my backups if I want a science degree. This is what GCSE grades I'm predicted:
Maths A*
Further Maths A**
German A*
Biology A
Chemistry A

Do you think this is going to be too much work??? I need help urgently please

Thanks,
Annemarie
It's going to be a lot of work - whether it's too much will depend on you.

What are your school's policies on dropping subjects? You might be better off taking just chem or bio....but it would make sense to study both at A level before deciding which is better to pursue to a qualification.

I'm personally a big fan of trying everything and then thinning down your choices based on actual experience but not every school/college/university will allow that. If you can't do that then it'd be worth using your summer before starting Yr12 to do a bit pre-study on your subjects - if you choose to carry them all on then that will spread the workload and if you decide to narrow down your options then you'll be making a more informed decision.
hpblcparaboloid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
It's going to be a lot of work - whether it's too much will depend on you.

What are your school's policies on dropping subjects? You might be better off taking just chem or bio....but it would make sense to study both at A level before deciding which is better to pursue to a qualification.

I'm personally a big fan of trying everything and then thinning down your choices based on actual experience but not every school/college/university will allow that. If you can't do that then it'd be worth using your summer before starting Yr12 to do a bit pre-study on your subjects - if you choose to carry them all on then that will spread the workload and if you decide to narrow down your options then you'll be making a more informed decision.
I especially love maths so I've looked at loads of past papers and looked up loads of things but I don't always fully understand what the question is asking. The statistics part os quite easy becasue I did GCSE statistics so it's pretty similar
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.42%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.02%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (56)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.5%

Watched Threads