Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm just an average Secondary student but I'm nearly in my final year and I've been thinking about going to University - a part of me really wants to go for the experience and education but I am also frightened (I'm from the highlands of Scotland - very quiet and less populated area - so going to university would be a major step for me especially since I plan to go to either Aberdeen or Edinburgh) and I am rather torn...can I ask for some advice? Or maybe personal accounts? Thanks, I've been rather stressed about it from social aspects to finance and workload.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    There's nothing to say you have to go to uni now! Have you talked to your tutor and parents about your concerns?

ReputationRep:
    1st year is easy and they slowly build up the work load but it's all very managable...
    There any unis that are relatively quiet but no matter what you will always have your own room/space to unwind and get away from things. I'm in my second term and so far it's been really chilled out, i'd say go and at the very worst you'll have to drop out in the first term and then at least you give it a go. Don't feel like once you signup you can't leave.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.