Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    My brother lives in London, already 4 years and is 19 years old. He went to redbridge college, but need to break off his studies because he was very disappointed by the schools offering. I am not so well informed about the school system in the UK as I live in Germany. I have done some researches and how I understand he first need to finish his GCSE grade to apply for A-levels, as his wish would be to go to an University. I have told him that its not too late, but he is losing hope because he can not find any help. He finish already level 1 IT, level 1 maths and ESOL Skills for life. He wants to study something with computing, IT.. Do you have any idea where he can go personally to get all informations about exactly what he needs and where to get it at best? I please you to answer me as I want to help him as much as I can from here. Thank you.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.