Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    £13/h, and I work 50% part time. Around £990 a month - give and take -, not including tips.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    At 16, I was paid £25/hour (Badminton Coaching) and at it's peak, I worked 3-4 hours weekdays and 2-3 hours weekends (with paid overtime(?) from my club; extra £5 per hour + food if i helped out on weekends!)

But otherwise, now, I'm making a whopping great post tax earning of absolute diddly squat

ReputationRep:
    it's irrelevant what you earn, it's about what you do and what you keep.

I know people on 60-80k aged 30-40 in London, can't afford to buy property and have no tangible assets. I know entrepreneurial kids with basic degrees who have built businesses worth 1m + aged 28.

Sharing lifes secrets

Bill.

ReputationRep:
    28K, but not for long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stolyarov Daniel)
    19 , 500-600k , own business
    Shall we believe that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    6k doing what?

I'm 25 and make £100k p.a. salary at the moment (it comes at a very high price though), plus 7-8k pre-tax p.a. currently on investments
    Congrats on your pay rise! You said you earn £60k in a thread you started 2 weeks ago. Strong hyperbole game.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by stroppyninja)
    Congrats on your pay rise! You said you earn £60k in a thread you started 2 weeks ago. Strong hyperbole game.
    That was probs after tax. Pretty sure he works in i-banking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6k doing what?

I'm 25 and make £100k p.a. salary at the moment (it comes at a very high price though), plus 7-8k pre-tax p.a. currently on investments
    How can i get into investing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stroppyninja)
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    That was probs after tax. Pretty sure he works in i-banking.Posted from TSR Mobile
    60k was base, 40k was bonus.

ReputationRep:
    2p an hour I work in an Iphone factory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    2p an hour I work in an Iphone factory

Bet you're Syrian.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABsoluteX)
    Bet you're Syrian.....
    No I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    No I'm not
    Polish? Chinese? Indian?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    60k was base, 40k was bonus.
    Fair. I'm guessing 3rd year Analyst? Street for associates is £70-85k base I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6k doing what?

Doing what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    18 and earning roughly 90k a year, dont have to pay any tax whatsoever and im my own boss. Also I only really work a couple of a hours every evening/night and most of the time im on my moped, bouncing around a few houses/areas. Its really easy as well, didnt need any qualifications. But my job security is awful, might earn 100k on a good year and then 0 for the next 6 years before im released back out again.
    Nice troll bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    18 and earning roughly 90k a year, dont have to pay any tax whatsoever and im my own boss. Also I only really work a couple of a hours every evening/night and most of the time im on my moped, bouncing around a few houses/areas. Its really easy as well, didnt need any qualifications. But my job security is awful, might earn 100k on a good year and then 0 for the next 6 years before im released back out again.
    what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He fantasises on the TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you can work it out...

ReputationRep:
    24 - Around 70k in total this year. Full time programmer with rental income and making a few week / day-trades. Hoping to grow this a lot more this year as I will soon switch from a Bristol salary to a London one and getting more experienced with trading.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.