Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    £13/h, and I work 50% part time. Around £990 a month - give and take -, not including tips.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    At 16, I was paid £25/hour (Badminton Coaching) and at it's peak, I worked 3-4 hours weekdays and 2-3 hours weekends (with paid overtime(?) from my club; extra £5 per hour + food if i helped out on weekends!)

But otherwise, now, I'm making a whopping great post tax earning of absolute diddly squat

ReputationRep:
    it's irrelevant what you earn, it's about what you do and what you keep.

I know people on 60-80k aged 30-40 in London, can't afford to buy property and have no tangible assets. I know entrepreneurial kids with basic degrees who have built businesses worth 1m + aged 28.

Sharing lifes secrets

Bill.

ReputationRep:
    28K, but not for long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stolyarov Daniel)
    19 , 500-600k , own business
    Shall we believe that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    6k doing what?

I'm 25 and make £100k p.a. salary at the moment (it comes at a very high price though), plus 7-8k pre-tax p.a. currently on investments
    Congrats on your pay rise! You said you earn £60k in a thread you started 2 weeks ago. Strong hyperbole game.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by stroppyninja)
    Congrats on your pay rise! You said you earn £60k in a thread you started 2 weeks ago. Strong hyperbole game.
    That was probs after tax. Pretty sure he works in i-banking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6k doing what?

I'm 25 and make £100k p.a. salary at the moment (it comes at a very high price though), plus 7-8k pre-tax p.a. currently on investments
    How can i get into investing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stroppyninja)
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    That was probs after tax. Pretty sure he works in i-banking.Posted from TSR Mobile
    60k was base, 40k was bonus.

ReputationRep:
    2p an hour I work in an Iphone factory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    2p an hour I work in an Iphone factory

Bet you're Syrian.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABsoluteX)
    Bet you're Syrian.....
    No I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    No I'm not
    Polish? Chinese? Indian?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    60k was base, 40k was bonus.
    Fair. I'm guessing 3rd year Analyst? Street for associates is £70-85k base I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6k doing what?

Doing what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    18 and earning roughly 90k a year, dont have to pay any tax whatsoever and im my own boss. Also I only really work a couple of a hours every evening/night and most of the time im on my moped, bouncing around a few houses/areas. Its really easy as well, didnt need any qualifications. But my job security is awful, might earn 100k on a good year and then 0 for the next 6 years before im released back out again.
    Nice troll bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    18 and earning roughly 90k a year, dont have to pay any tax whatsoever and im my own boss. Also I only really work a couple of a hours every evening/night and most of the time im on my moped, bouncing around a few houses/areas. Its really easy as well, didnt need any qualifications. But my job security is awful, might earn 100k on a good year and then 0 for the next 6 years before im released back out again.
    what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He fantasises on the TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallow9999)
    what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you can work it out...

ReputationRep:
    24 - Around 70k in total this year. Full time programmer with rental income and making a few week / day-trades. Hoping to grow this a lot more this year as I will soon switch from a Bristol salary to a London one and getting more experienced with trading.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.