Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going on solo holidays instead of going with my friends Watch

I finished my university degree in October, since then I've been traveling the world going to various countries as it's something I always wanted to do.

I like to travel solo as there nobody to go with that wants to go places where I want to go and I'm not into the clubbing holidays like like Ibiza, magaluf etc like my friends are, it's just drinking and sex not my scene, I had that during and before uni so doesn't interest me. I like to experience a culture and see the land that I visit a different country. My friends say it's crazy what I'm doing but so far I explored Egypt, Argentina, Peru and a Antarctica cruise. places I would never be able to visit if I were go with someone else. They tell me I should focus on getting a job, my opinion of it is that I can spend the rest of life doing that and actual fact I'm starting a placement in the summer in France so I won't be around when they want to go away (don't know where) ,

Should I stay in the UK with them until then or continue travelling? and am being too snobby? I don't want to neglect my friends but same time I don't want to do the same things as them.

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy and you are financially able to go and travel and explore the world and learn about different cultures and have fun...what's the issue?

I'm planning on going travelling alone soon within the next few months.

I don't know about 'crazy' though. I'm not into those types of holidays either and thankfully none of my friends are..it's just our schedules are different and if I was to wait around for us all to be free at the same time I'd never end up travelling.

Snobby? Again...don't think it comes into it.

Obviously don't neglect your friends..spend time with them but they need to understand you need to do your own thing too sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    There's no right or wrong mate, just weigh them in your hands and decide which one you want most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You only have a finite amount of time you should do what you want to do (as long as it doesn't harm anyone) while you can.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.