The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I don't want to be friends with promiscuous people anymore?

It's not that I won't talk to them or interact with them. I just don't wish to be close with them as friends and I want to keep them at arms length. I've just had too many experiences of promiscuous friends sleeping with the guys I really liked, and even once with my ex (even though we only went out for a few weeks).

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I just prefer to be close to people with similar ways to me.

What do you think?
You monster.
Erm I don't think its bad because it's totally up to you who you want to be friends with or not. If you feel as if your promiscuous friends are irresponsible then don't bother being their friend anymore.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong here.
A step in the right direction. One must vilify all aspects of western society and those who propagate its debased values.
Reply 4
Thankfully one is free to choose friend on whatever basis suits. That they don't poach your love interests seems like a reasonable basis to me.
It's you choice as to who you are friends with, not anyone else's. :smile:

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from. None of my friends are promiscuous, but if any of them were I'd probably start edging away from them.
You look for good qualities in a friend and if you do not think promiscuity is a good quality then do not be friends with them.
(I don't either!)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
It's not that I won't talk to them or interact with them. I just don't wish to be close with them as friends and I want to keep them at arms length. I've just had too many experiences of promiscuous friends sleeping with the guys I really liked, and even once with my ex (even though we only went out for a few weeks).

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I just prefer to be close to people with similar ways to me.

What do you think?

No. (In my opinion) I'd do the same thing if my friend was promiscuous (depending how close we were) if we were really close, I'd try to ignore their promiscuous side and see other (good) things about them
Reply 8
I think it's normal not to want to be friends with a sl**
what would you consider to be promiscuous? You might struggle to find friends if you're idea of a promiscuous girl is someone who has had like 3 partners
I wouldn't say the fact that they are 'promiscuous' is the problem, is just that you have bad friends.
A the man code is never go for a friends girlfriend or a girl he's been dating recently. So the same should be for girls too. I think they ignore you by trying to hook up with guys then I can understand why you would want to, if they do it when not with friends then I think it's fine.
A few people deleted me off facebook because i went out with a 57 year old who used to coach me. They probably think im some promiscuous gold digger but the truth is Im pushing 30 and have never bothered with relationships before. I have only tried sex once with him, i dont like it. Its causing relationship problems but yea ive got to be among one of the least promiscious people in the country yet people now look down on me because of the relationship.
Original post by Trapz99
I think it's normal not to want to be friends with a sl**

Im with you I stay away from people who sleep around, I want a guy who is as fresh as possible not riddled with a past and sti's.
Original post by Cretinouskermit
what would you consider to be promiscuous? You might struggle to find friends if you're idea of a promiscuous girl is someone who has had like 3 partners

Well the number isn't set in stone and depends on the age IMO. But these girls for example are 20-21 and slept with more than 15 men.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending