Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi all,

i am currently a 1st year law llb undergraduate at a university in london

i got there after doing a law foundation course in england quite well and before that completing high school of course

since i'm naturally looking for applying to vac schemes next year and later on to tc's, i have been seeing that the firms tend to list a levels in one way or another
    and generally through this forum i see that a big number of people is in possession of such qualifications and they had to get outstanding grades in that in order to get to their institutions.

my question therefore is that while i do appreciate the fact that the spotlight would be on the second and third years of university, less so on this year, could lack of doing a levels in any way jeopardize my career prospects ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krdrv)
    hi all,

i am currently a 1st year law llb undergraduate at a university in london

i got there after doing a law foundation course in england quite well and before that completing high school of course

since i'm naturally looking for applying to vac schemes next year and later on to tc's, i have been seeing that the firms tend to list a levels in one way or another
    and generally through this forum i see that a big number of people is in possession of such qualifications and they had to get outstanding grades in that in order to get to their institutions.

my question therefore is that while i do appreciate the fact that the spotlight would be on the second and third years of university, less so on this year, could lack of doing a levels in any way jeopardize my career prospects ?
    Your first year uni grades will be important if you apply to vac schemes in your second year, don't under estimate how important they are.

A lot of firms will consider access courses, especially where they will get UCAS points under the new UCAS tariff system. You just need to have done very well in that access course (and your previous studies), just like you will need to have if you had taken A-levels or the IB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.