Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When did you have your first relationship? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    2,5 years with my man. We were 17 when we got together.

ReputationRep:
    I'm to cool to be tied down...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry2: I'm so lonely.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbie_KB)
    My first was 17, and that I regret so much....
    why?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I was 14

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a relationship for 19 years.

Spoiler:
    Show
    A mother-son relationship..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bealzibub)
    why?
    He was so obsessed with me that I barely enjoyed it, he was so hard to shake off and put me off getting into a relationship... Didn't get the grades I wanted in my A levels and took a 4 year gap year

ReputationRep:
    First relationship - 15.
    First 'real' (long-term) relationship - 20.

(Original post by GoldenSilkie15)
    Let's say ones in first school don't count.
    I'm 16. I go to an all boys grammar school, and I don't know any girls (well, besides my sister, my aunt, my grandma and my mum). I haven't talked to any since.....idk. I didn't talk to them in middle school either. Frankly they scare me. They're so chatty and intimidating, and it's even worse when they're pretty. Whenever there are girls standing around (sixth form girls from another grammar school down the road come to my school for certain lessons), I have to turn around and take another route through the school to get to where I want to go (the library usually) ;-;

Do you think this is bad? When did you have your first relationship? At what age do you think people should have at least had one relationship?
    That sounds a bit worrying. Girls are just regular people. If you put them on a pedestal like that, then of course you will be anxious and uncomfortable. Like why avoid them. If you pass them, say hi with a smile and go on your way. No need to be afraid of them. Oh and pretty/not pretty, if you view them as the same, that they are regular people, then you will lose a lot of the anxiousness.

Oh and do not hurry to relationships. Those are boring; having female friends is what you should be focusing on. You are not getting married or you don't need to be serious about anything. Just be a nice and confident person, but don't over-exaggerate.

Like I am 18 and I wasn't in what you would call a relationship, but I do have plenty of female friends. Honestly I find them more interesting, since you can be semi-flirtatious and have fun with that.

ReputationRep:

15/16?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    15/16?
    You don't remember?

ReputationRep:
    16 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never had one :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    17 and I'm still in it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    When I was 21. We're still friends now

ReputationRep:
    18 and it really shouldn't have happened. I feel awful about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.