Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello people.

I currently work 32 hours a week in well known grocerystore. but Ive got a job more linked to my degrees.

SO basically il be working at a nursery 41 hours a week.. minimum wage.

handed in my notice but my store has turned round and offered me a 6.25 hour contract on a saturday.

I am going to be saving for a wedding soon and this would be handy.

but im worried that tax is gona make it awkward and make it not much of a point to keep on the 6.25 hours.

Can anyone help?? im not sure how to work it out or how best to split my tax code?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your best bet is to ring HR and speak to them about it =) they'll be able to work it out for you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kaza1992)
    Hello people.

I currently work 32 hours a week in well known grocerystore. but Ive got a job more linked to my degrees.

SO basically il be working at a nursery 41 hours a week.. minimum wage.

handed in my notice but my store has turned round and offered me a 6.25 hour contract on a saturday.

I am going to be saving for a wedding soon and this would be handy.

but im worried that tax is gona make it awkward and make it not much of a point to keep on the 6.25 hours.

Can anyone help?? im not sure how to work it out or how best to split my tax code?

thanks
    Best ring the tax office and see what they say

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.