Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the title says really. I can't get back to pack up my stuff and dont have anyone to do it for me. Is there any way I can get someone to uni to pack up my stuff and how do I get it sent home.
    I know there are companies who can sent the odd case but I'm talking about everything! At £16 an item, I'm not sure 'uni movers' would be the one to use?
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artmonkey)
    As the title says really. I can't get back to pack up my stuff and dont have anyone to do it for me. Is there any way I can get someone to uni to pack up my stuff and how do I get it sent home.
    I know there are companies who can sent the odd case but I'm talking about everything! At £16 an item, I'm not sure 'uni movers' would be the one to use?
    Any advice?
    Could you ask one of your flat/house mates to do it, if you pay them petrol money and a bit extra? Are you in halls or private accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Best thing I could think off is lookup a handyman service and ask if he's got a van, about £100 I recon for 2-3hours work. Then ask a flat mate to pack your stuff into bags, another £20 for their time? Just google 'man with van -your area-' and get on the phone. Be wary of randomers on gumtree though, I assume you have a PC and other stuff worth stealing so go to somebody who has reviews and most importantly a website with an address!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.