Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place on Child Nursing for 2017 - I'm really happy that I've got an offer but a bit deflated that I may have to wait until next year.

Has anyone else been offered 2017 start?

ReputationRep:
    I have a January 2017 start however I asked to start in 2017 due to personal circumstances. I know it may seem a let down that you have to wait a year but if this is the career you want a year isn't a long time to wait, if you use the time wisely to do all the things you want to do but won't get a chance to do whilst your at uni I bet you will be glad to be given the opportunity to do it.

ReputationRep:
    hi, i was offered september 2017 also a few weeks ago; i firmly accepted it and recieved a phone call on friday offering me start for January 2017 xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I started adult nursing last year and just wanted to offer some survival tips

- remember to wear warm clothes on placements because the hospitals can be freezing!

-Create formula posters and display them everywhere as soon as possible

-Choose accommodation wisely - I found that central halls although was close to the uni was miles away from the hospital, even though you are first years definitely look into private accommodation that is in the middle of both the hospital and the uni. Try 1st Degree Student Accommodation who I found somewhere with as they have a property right in the middle with en-suite rooms and internet all for £80.00 a week including all bills an internet. A great bonus about this house is that they only house nursing students in it which is advantage as we all understand each others needs and can pick each other's brains for knowledge. 1st Degree also do special offers for NHS students which is a great help because the bursary is often a struggle I find.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for September 2016 start but was offered January 2017 start

I'm moving to the area in September with my partner which means now I'll need to get a bar job or something until January.

Glad I'm not the only one that didn't get the date they asked for!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.