Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Becoming infatuated with girl - not sure if she feels the same Watch

Will try to keep this as short as possible...

Anyway, I recently reconnected with a girl who I haven't spoken to in years. I liked her before (she didn't know that back then) and it didn't take long before I fell for her once more; in fact I told her I liked her pretty much straight away after reconnecting with her. This was way too soon and she replied saying that she saw me as a friend.
    We arranged to meet up again not too long after; I agreed to myself that this would just be as friends and would be casual. However, we ended up spending the entire day together sharing personal stuff and the atmosphere seemed to be edge between being friendly and almost being date-like at times. Just a side note - she traveled around 2 hours to see me at considerable cost which I doubt many of my casual friends would do normally. Towards the end of the day she invited me to meet her family in a few weeks time. Needless to say, I couldn't wait that long and arranged to meet sooner (not really treating this casually or as friends anymore). She agreed pretty much straight away, even though we only just met up a few days ago.

I have no idea whether she just sees me as a good friend or actually likes me. She already turned me down, but that was way too early. I really want her as a good friend, if dating is not possible, as she is such a nice and genuine person as well as being incredibly fun to hang out with. If I ask her out after she has already told me she sees me as a friend before then she may see me as needy or too intense and I risk ruining a friendship perhaps? If I don't ask her out then no way of finding out if her feelings towards me have changed and I lose the chance. Basically asking what do you recommend I do?

ReputationRep:
    How long ago did you ask her out and why did she say no?

(Original post by Debbie_KB)
    How long ago did you ask her out and why did she say no?
    It was about 2-3 months ago I guess, and she said she just saw me as a friend. But I literally told her right after we met for the first time (way too soon I know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It was about 2-3 months ago I guess, and she said she just saw me as a friend. But I literally told her right after we met for the first time (way too soon I know)
    Yeah, way too soon. made that mistake myself!! How many times have you met since?

ReputationRep:
    Will try to keep this as short as possible...

Anyway, I recently reconnected with a girl who I haven't spoken to in years. I liked her before (she didn't know that back then) and it didn't take long before I fell for her once more; in fact I told her I liked her pretty much straight away after reconnecting with her. This was way too soon and she replied saying that she saw me as a friend.
    We arranged to meet up again not too long after; I agreed to myself that this would just be as friends and would be casual. However, we ended up spending the entire day together sharing personal stuff and the atmosphere seemed to be edge between being friendly and almost being date-like at times. Just a side note - she traveled around 2 hours to see me at considerable cost which I doubt many of my casual friends would do normally. Towards the end of the day she invited me to meet her family in a few weeks time. Needless to say, I couldn't wait that long and arranged to meet sooner (not really treating this casually or as friends anymore). She agreed pretty much straight away, even though we only just met up a few days ago.

I have no idea whether she just sees me as a good friend or actually likes me. She already turned me down, but that was way too early. I really want her as a good friend, if dating is not possible, as she is such a nice and genuine person as well as being incredibly fun to hang out with. If I ask her out after she has already told me she sees me as a friend before then she may see me as needy or too intense and I risk ruining a friendship perhaps? If I don't ask her out then no way of finding out if her feelings towards me have changed and I lose the chance. Basically asking what do you recommend I do?
    Next time she's at your place, try it on with her.. what's the worst that can happen.

Yeah, way too soon. made that mistake myself!! How many times have you met since?
    Only once as explained in the original post.

ReputationRep:
    Only once as explained in the original post.
    Oh yeah, sorry! Seeing her anytime soon?

Oh yeah, sorry! Seeing her anytime soon?
    Another couple of weeks. Should I make a move or wait for her to do something?

ReputationRep:
    Another couple of weeks. Should I make a move or wait for her to do something?
    Better wait in person....
    Easier to avoid being direct through messages....

(Original post by KyleH123)
    Next time she's at your place, try it on with her.. what's the worst that can happen.
    She declines and thinks of me as intense?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.