Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    car bomb has exploded in Berlin, killing the driver of the vehicle, German police say.A police officer at the scene said the explosion happened while the car was travelling ,flipping the vehicle up in the air, officials tweeted.
    Investigators said explosives caused the blast and were checking the car for more explosive material.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35810521

No news yet so lets not rush to judgment (until they do tell us the facts then feel free)

ReputationRep:
    There are two options, terrorism or murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate to drop a bomb on this one but this thread is gonna blow up.

ReputationRep:
    Could've been intended to harm/kill others if explosives went off while it was travelling rather than being parked at their home. Not sure whether terrorism or targeted murder attack. Could be either.

Doubt its terrorism, it sounds like only the driver was targeted. Though suicide bombers aren't the brightest of people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Doubt its terrorism, it sounds like only the driver was targeted. Though suicide bombers aren't the brightest of people...
    Have you considered the possibility that the car was being driven by a terrorist on an explosives delivery run, or on his way to commit an atrocity? An own goal, so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    Could've been intended to harm/kill others if explosives went off while it was travelling rather than being parked at their home. Not sure whether terrorism or targeted murder attack. Could be either.
    Oh come on it's not like they could explode by accident or through a fault in construction

But yes as I said best wait till we have some facts before making assumptions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    An own goal, so to speak.
    wouldn't be the first.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Only 5 days after blowing up a 4 year old boy and his mother it looks like the Muslims may have struck again.

(Notice my use of the word 'may' - not saying it's definite yet!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Wow. Only 5 days after blowing up a 4 year old boy and his mother it looks like the Muslims may have struck again.

(Notice my use of the word 'may' - not saying it's definite yet!)
    True, I understand what you're saying, but conjecture like doesn't do anyone any favours I'm afraid

Have you considered the possibility that the car was being driven by a terrorist on an explosives delivery run, or on his way to commit an atrocity? An own goal, so to speak.
    No, that's a good point

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    Wow. Only 5 days after blowing up a 4 year old boy and his mother
    I didn't hear this... I'm guessing it was in Israel?

ReputationRep:
    Post more updates when you get them bacon and sauce,please

I know this thread isnt going to end well,however!

ReputationRep:
    That could be one possibility,best to wait to hear more on the story before jumping to conclusions eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    That could be one possibility,best to wait to hear more on the story before jumping to conclusions eh
    Nobody in this thread so far has jumped to a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in this thread so far has jumped to a conclusion.
    I know,not yet at least,just a piece of advice

Do you guys think this has something to do with the 5th year anniversary of the Syrian civil war?! Today marks the anniversary

ReputationRep:

Do you guys think this has something to do with the 5th year anniversary of the Syrian civil war?! Today marks the anniversary
    Looks like someone who made some people angry. I wouldn't say terrorist related

ReputationRep:
    You never seem to stop looking down on people, do you?

ReputationRep:
    You never seem to stop looking down on people, do you?
    I haven't looked down on you. It was just general advice,please calm down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I didn't hear this... I'm guessing it was in Israel?
    Worse, Turkey. An immigrant blew up those two innocent Turks. You'd think they'd be more grateful of their generous hosts wouldn't you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.