Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Not likely

"The explosion happened "in or on" the front part of the Volkswagen Passat as it travelled along the Bismarckstrasse during the morning rush hour, a police spokesman said."

I'd think terrorists would store explosives in the back while transporting them
    Have to agree

and if the motive was to kill a lot of people it wasn't anywhere near big enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Worse, Turkey. An immigrant blew up those two innocent Turks. You'd think they'd be more grateful of their generous hosts wouldn't you?
    I'm sure most Syrians are genuinely grateful to host nations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    That could be one possibility,best to wait to hear more on the story before jumping to conclusions eh
    Crickey QB, they could have done with you in the offices of The Guardian in the hours after the Toulouse atrocity.😃

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure most Syrians are genuinely grateful to host nations
    You're basing this on what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Being Syrian in the vaguest terms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The fact that not *all* them are rapists? Though a fair few are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Have to agree

and if the motive was to kill a lot of people it wasn't anywhere near big enough
    That's true, but since they were in the front the aim could've been to drive into the wall of a busy shopping center or super market. The bomb would've detonated on impact and could've done a lot more damage by bringing down part of the wall. Part of the plan could've been to have the car blow up as well, though they've seriously miscalculated if that was the case. There's not much to go on at the moment but I reckon that the bomb detonated due to high temperatures being reached in the engine's local area. If so, the bomb was not only badly designed but also badly placed. If this was an attempted terrorist attack, our terrorist was clearly an absolute imbecile. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    German police are linking it to organised crime and playing down any terrorist connection. Hence the story becomes even less newsworthy on TSR than terrorism committed by Irish republicans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    German police are linking it to organised crime and playing down any terrorist connection. Hence the story becomes even less newsworthy on TSR than terrorism committed by Irish republicans.
    We're talking about the same police who tried to cover up the cologne rapes in the name of political correctness and Angela Merkel... Besides, coming up with theories about these things is kinda fun.

ReputationRep:
    Minority of Muslims

Whites commit crime too

Perversion of Islam

Moderate rebels

ReputationRep:
    The kind hearted nature of my people

ReputationRep:
    Any updates?

ReputationRep:
    Blowing up a moving car looks like a targeted assassination which is not the typical Islamic MO. Who was the driver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Not likely

"The explosion happened "in or on" the front part of the Volkswagen Passat as it travelled along the Bismarckstrasse during the morning rush hour, a police spokesman said."

I'd think terrorists would store explosives in the back while transporting them
    Looks like organised crime then, from that, though the driver could have been wearing the explosives. It doesn't say how near the front, does it?

I said its best not to jump to conclusions until we have more info,nothing patronising just sound advice
    Telling people how to behave when they are obviously fully capable of making up their own minds how to behave, and have demonstrated it, is the very definition of patronising.

ReputationRep:
    The kind hearted nature of my people
    The Germans, or the Italians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Looks like organised crime then, from that, though the driver could have been wearing the explosives. It doesn't say how near the front, does it?

Telling people how to behave when they are obviously fully capable of making up their own minds how to behave, and have demonstrated it, is the very definition of patronising.
    You're doing exactly the same thing now. Look,I didn't mean to come across as patronising,so I'm sorry if you felt offended or upset by it. It was also directed at myself.

ReputationRep:
    The Germans, or the Italians?
    The syrians*

ReputationRep:
    The syrians*
    These are the nice people who would view CA with a degree of violence, as you implied this morning. and who are either currently at war with themselves or destroying Europe's borders?

ReputationRep:
    These are the nice people who would view CA with a degree of violence, as you implied this morning. and who are either currently at war with themselves or destroying Europe's borders?
    Don't turn this into a CA thread,yes people's cultures in other part a huge part of who they are.
    Unfortunately,today marks the 5th anniversary of the civil war in my homeland,sad times. Not all the refugees coming to Europe are Syrians,don't let the media fool you

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately,today marks the 5th anniversary of the civil war in my homeland,sad times.
    There is no civil war in the place you were born, your homeland. You were not born in Syria.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.