Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to learn driving theory? Where should I start? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What should I do? I have 0 knowledge. I heard I should just do online tests straight away, read/memorize a theory book, get an app and train. What should I do? Really need help!! Also how long should you do this for and when should you be ready for the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutorscience)
    What should I do? I have 0 knowledge. I heard I should just do online tests straight away, read/memorize a theory book, get an app and train. What should I do? Really need help!! Also how long should you do this for and when should you be ready for the test?
    Firstly, the theory test is fairly easy and most of it is common sense. I'd say you need a maximum of 3 weeks to revise for your theory, but obviously it depends on you.

I found doing tests online and downloading an app from the App Store to be the best methods for me. There are many free websites which have loads of tests and if you contantly do a few each day, you'll get a feel for what you'll be asked and you'll start learning the content. The app is good to have on your phone, to do whilst your out and about. Remember to also practice the hazard perception and watch YouTube videos so you understand what the HP test is all about
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Best thing to do would be get the theory disc pack. I got one for a tenner that had a disc for theory, hazard perception and then the practical test so it is handy for every stage of learning to drive. Get the most up to date version of that you can find. There are plenty of free or cheap theory based apps on the app store/play store and they are really helpful and means you can practise while you're on the go and not just when you are on your computer.

Generally, most people find the question part of the test easy enough. Its the hazard perception part that most people talk bitterly about but you'll find plenty of videos to practise on and that'll help you get ready for your theory.

You can sit you theory any time - just before you start driving lessons of any time during them. Its handy to book it asap as a lot of centres have a long waiting list - say up to a month to wait to sit the test.

Some people can revise just two days before the test and pass and others may revise for a bit every day for a few weeks leading up to it, it all depends on how hard you learn, how well you understand all the info needed for your test and all that jazz
    Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.