Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How satisfied are you with your course? Watch

• View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your course?
    It's great, I love it
    35.52%
    It's alright
    46.48%
    It's not great, I'm not satisfied
    18.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    Are you thinking of practicing law? If not, what turned you off?

I'm thinking about Law, I've applied to study literature but I might change it.
    I am undecided at the moment but it is probably my strongest option. Whilst the study of law can be super fascinating, I have come to realise that the types of law that I really enjoy involve virtually no court appearances and are based around scrutinising and creating contracts.

The study of law can be very different from the practice, and so I just don't know if a desk job is what I want to do for the rest of my life (not that there is anything wrong with a desk job I just personally am turned off by it)

I studied an elective of Forensic Medicine in my first year and completely fell in love with the subject. For that reason I am also considering graduate entry medicine.

You could always study English Lit for your undergrad degree and then complete Law as a postgrad, which shortens the length of the degree (in Scotland undergrad Law is 4 years whereas postgrad is 2 years).
    There are 2 postgrads on my course who studied English Lit as their first degree. Whilst they said that it has helped them to prepare for the amount of reading, they did say that it was hard to adjust to the type of reading, as in English lit it is novels and poetry etc that you read which can be very enjoyable whereas a lot of law cases and textbooks can be quite dry.

Hope this helps !

ReputationRep:
    I study Biomed and my first year was pretty decent, however my second year was incredibly boring. I am not interested in learning how lab techniques work and for that reason I am contemplating changing to Biology in my final year, just so I have a choice of modules thus can tailor them to my interests.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Absolutely love my course. I love the diversity of what I can learn and it's all just so interesting! Incredibly happy with it.

(Biological Sciences)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of a dropout to say the least well I do have extenuating circumstances. My course got a bit heavy when I decided to do all the extra reading, I'm just reading the essentials now. One good thing about it is that you don't just do one subject you do a major (art history) and a minor (philosophy). I'm quite looking forward to philosophy. So my course is alright.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a second year biological sciences student at Bournemouth University and I love my course although I do question why we have to study some of the units! I seem to have learnt rather a lot about ecology, archaeology and forensics!

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science: term 1 was really dull. Term 2 has been a lot more interesting. Both terms have had pretty poor organisation from UCL, so averages out to 'meh'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Do you love it...? What could be better? What subject are you studying?
    Metallurgical and materials engineering

ReputationRep:
    They lied to us, took our money, were horribly disorganised and we have to pay for everything, including things vital to the course that they like to change at a moment's notice. Because this annoys me and I'm the only one who speaks up about it (everyone is constantly *****ing about it, it's basically the only conversation that happens) the course leader hates me and marks all my work badly for vague reasons like a 'lack of narrative' and 'not having enough of a story' (this is with regards to a stool!) that can't be directly contested.

I'm not too happy.

ReputationRep:
    am so sorry for that
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I study Mathematical Sciences (like Maths, but with more freedom in choices, you can stick to studying the traditional bits of Maths or focus more on applied (probability, stats, computing, economics etc).

My course is mostly enjoyable but there have been a few units that I have not enjoyed or engaged with and got relatively poor results in. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    concerning those courses you have low grades,you just have to keep reading hard

ReputationRep:
    Dissatisfied.

Biomedical science at ljmu.

Theee is nothing wrong with the facilities or the uni itself, they're great. But our class size is far too big which has negatively affected us all. Sometimes the order of things is completely disorganized or we have essentially nothing to do for a month or two but then within 2 weeks we have 3 assignments due and 2 tests. Almost all the problems on the course can be traced back to large class size. Also some not so great or helpful lectures, some make the students so uncomfortable/ unsupportive they'll not pick a module just to avoid them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.