Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i am currently considering to firm Glasgow for Economics. I was just wondering what are the employment prospects like if i graduated from here.

Has any current or past student been able to find good employment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmyjamjames)
    Hello, i am currently considering to firm Glasgow for Economics. I was just wondering what are the employment prospects like if i graduated from here.

Has any current or past student been able to find good employment?
    I have the exact same question, I'm thinking of firming this course at this uni, but have heard some things (good an bad) about it. I'm mostly worried about life after uni and the prospects because at the end of the day, I'm doing 4/5 years at uni for a decent job ! Are you going to the applicant day? If someone who has done economics/business could you please give me some more information about the course etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First year is a doddle. Really straight forward and easy. Second year gets progressivelymore difficult as the calculus element appears from nowhere and is quite fastpaced. I found the teaching to be hit or miss during year 2 actually; it's noteasy trying to pick up quite advanced mathematical models and decipher brokenEnglish!

That's as far as my experience goes, moving in to third year you drop the 'minors' and stick with your major.

ReputationRep:
    Bump, could any former economics student give me advise? having looked at the league tables i am considering being released from my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmyjamjames)
    Bump, could any former economics student give me advise? having looked at the league tables i am considering being released from my offer.
    Same. Kind of disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.